Production & A ; Operations Management
Pizza USA is a concatenation of pizza eating houses that presently offers sit-down and take-out service. Many clients have said that they would purchase more pizzas from Pizza USA if it offered a bringing service. This exercising is in two parts. In Part I. you play the client. In Part II. you play the director at Pizza USA who is responsible for developing the pizza bringing procedure design demands.
To get down with. you have to believe like a client.
This should be easy since you likely have experience with telling pizza to be delivered. Put that experience to work! Make a list of the properties of pizza bringing that are of import to you AS A Customer! As we said. this should be easy. Right? Or is it? In inventing your list. see the followers: What must a pizza bringing service carry through so that you are moderately satisfied? Beyond your being moderately satisfied.
what could a pizza bringing service do that would do it truly alone and make a differential advantage? In other words. what could a pizza bringing service do that might do you to ALWAYS order from one peculiar service ( and. possibly. to pay more for the privilege ) ?
Assume that this pizza eating house can do whatever sort of pizza ( and side points ) that you want.
Now. set on your “Pizza USA manager’s chapeau. ” For this portion of the exercising. you will NOT be teamed with some other pupils. First. utilizing the lists of all of your squad members. make a maestro list. Next. attempt to group the points on your list under a series of major headers ; for illustration. “condition of the delivered pizza” or “quick. on-time delivery” or “order truth. ” and so on. Finally. do a list of the “pizza bringing procedure design requirements” that your pizza bringing procedure will hold to run into. As you do this. believe about mensurable criterions ; in other words. what would you mensurate in order to guarantee that your procedure is runing efficaciously and expeditiously? Why do you believe that these steps will be utile? Here’s an illustration of how a portion of this analysis could travel. One client demand may be that the pizza should be hot when it is delivered. The fact is that every bit shortly as the pizza comes out of the oven. it starts to chill. So. how could you maintain the pizza from dropping below some minimal temperature before you manus it to your client? • Make sure that in inquiry 3. you identify quantitative measurings. ( See the 2nd paragraph of Part II. )
1 Make a list of pizza bringing attributes that are of import to you as a client. 2 Categorize your list of points under a series of major headers. 3 Make a list of pizza bringing procedure design demands. Associate with each demand a step that would guarantee that the procedure meets the demand.
Case: Pizza USA – An Exercise in Translating Customer Requirements Into Process Design Requirements 1. Make a list of pizza bringing attributes that are of import to you as a client. Quick order pickings: is of import that when naming the eating house to put the order. they answer and take the order in a timely mode. Pizza arrives on clip: clients want their delivered every bit shortly as possible. Pizza is hot: is of import for the pizza to be kept hot as it arrives.
2. Unite your list with the lists of a few other category members and categorise the points under a series of major headers.
Good client serviceGood nutrient qualityFast bringing service
3. Make a list of pizza bringing procedure design demands. Associate with each demand a step that would guarantee that the procedure meets the demands. Customer call ( take order )Failure: Incorrect orderPoka-yoke: Double-check order with client before continuing Topographic point order and procedure paymentFailure: system failure/ can non treat paymentPoka-yoke: supply hard currency payment optionPrepare pizzaFailure: hold during readyingPoka-yoke: notify client and supply a discount/ excess merchandise ( i. e. free sweet ) Deliver pizzaFailure: hold during bringingPoka-yoke: provide price reduction voucher
4. Plan a procedure that meets your demands. Describe it by utilizing a flow chart similar to those shown in Exhibits 7. 4. 7. 5. and 7. 6. Phase:
- 1: preliminary activities Phase
- 2: Customer ServiceStage
- 3: Work public presentation
Cite this CASE: Pizza USA – An Exercise in Translating Customer Requirements Into Process Design Requirements Essay
CASE: Pizza USA – An Exercise in Translating Customer Requirements Into Process Design Requirements Essay. (2017, Sep 13). Retrieved from https://graduateway.com/case-pizza-usa-an-exercise-in-translating-customer-requirements-into-process-design-requirements-essay-5578-essay/