Demonstration Speech Outline
A demonstration speech outline is important when you’re writing your presentation, as it helps you organize your thoughts in a logical way - Demonstration Speech Outline introduction. A demonstration speech is a “how to” speech,in which the speaker demonstrates to the audience how to do a particular process or activity.
(If you haven’t yet chosen the theme of your presentation, here are some great topic ideas to help you out.)
More Essay Examples on
Anoutline for this type of speech is easy to prepare, since the body of the speech mainly consists of the steps of the process or activity you are demonstrating.
The outline should start with an introduction that explains to the audience the process you will be demonstrating.
Be sure to include any history or background that is interesting or helpful to the audience.
For example, if you were to demonstrate how to tie dye clothing, your introduction might touch on the history of tie dying, showing examples of the types of clothing and accessories that are suitable for the process and a few finished articles!
The body of a demonstration speech can be divided into several sections.
If you are demonstrating how to make a craft project, for example, you might have a section on materials, then one containing all the steps, and a final section on how to care for or display the finished product.
The sections would be the main points of your speech.
For example, if you were to write a demonstration speech outline for a speech about how to make a scrapbook, it might look something like this.
- How many of you have a box of old photographs? Or maybe a stack of newer ones that keep piling up? How would you like to create something with those photographs that will be fun to make and give people pleasure for years?
- Today I am going to show you some great ideas for preserving your old and new photographs by scrapbooking.
- Scrapbooking has been around for a long time, but lately it seems to have grown in popularity. This means there are lots of new and fun tools and materials on the market to make scrapbook even more of a pleasurable pastime!
2. Scrapbooking steps
- Select photos
- Choose a theme
- Design page
- Attach photos, frames, ribbons etc.
- Add stamps and labels
OR – use a purchased scrapbooking kit
OR – freestyle (a more haphazard style of scrapbooking with no ‘rules’)
3. Tips for preserving scrapbooks
- Use lignin-free paper
- Use acid free and color safe fabrics
- Making scrapbooks is a great way to preserve your memories for yourself and others.
- Scrapbooking is also fun and easy, so get yourself started and enjoy!
As you can see, the conclusion of a demonstration speech outline generally summarizes the speech and encourages the audience members to try it for themselves. If the demonstration was truly effective, the audience should be inspired and feel empowered to give it a try!
I hope that now you can see how easy it is to prepare a demonstration speech outline and feel ready and inspired to try one yourself!