Good Expository Speech Topics
Use this list of good expository speech topics to help you brainstorm for your next presentation.
Do remember that an expository speech requires you to offer your audience specific, precise details in a clear and logical order. If you’d like a few more pointers for preparing this type of speech, please check out these guidelines.
1st 10 Expository Speech Topics
- what is podcasting?
- how a plane stays in the air
- what is poi (used in fire dancing)
- what is wicca and what are some of its ceremonies?
- different meanings of gestures in different cultures (handshakes, hugs, kissing, etc.)
- chemical and biological warfare – when did it begin? (some say in 425 B.C.)
- phobias – Logophobia- Fear of words, do you have it?
- famous first facts
- the evolution of mothers on television (From June Cleaver to Roseanne)
- when and how high heel shoes were developed
2nd 10 Expository Speech Topics
- the theory of objectivism
- Bermuda triangle
- history of ligers (no, it’s not a spelling mistake)
- the foods of an area (ie. Montreal, Quebec, Canada – poutines, smoked meat, bagels)
- burning man event
- social impact of aids
- the emotional aspects of going blind/deaf
- similarities/differences of body piercing in different cultures and eras
- lost city of Atlantis
- similarities between karate and ballet
3rd 10 Expository Speech Topics
- history of the yo-yo
- compare and contrast the civilized/savage sides of humankind
- explain the characteristics of a Greek god/goddess.
- a day at the beach
- seven deadly sins
- compare/contrast dogs and men
- women in the Protestant religion (from sainthood to submission)
- the Holy Spirit
- impact of acid rain
4th 10 Expository Speech Topics
- problem/solution of beach and coastal erosion
- processes of mountain formation
- causes and effects of undersea disturbances (benthic storms)
- history of the Nile River
- ritualistic female mutilation
- history of birth control in China
- differences between the way African/American women and Caucasian women view their bodies
- discuss and compare the dangers between saline and silicone breast implants
- negative impact of high heels on women’s backs
- fetal alcohol syndrome
5th 10 Expository Speech Topics
- discuss gender differences in symptoms and treatment of heart disease
- the history of underwear
- benefits of animal facilitated therapy
- compare/contrast dogs and cats
- process of imprinting in animals
- definition of the Zen Buddhist term satori
- process of mummification
- history of Santeria
- compare gangs in America with gangs in Europe
- pros and cons of the witness security program
I hope you found a few good expository speech topics that you might consider using in your presentation. And – if you’re feeling generous – please do send in your completed speech so I can publish it here as an inspiration to others.