Marriage And Family Essay, Research Paper
. Types of marriage-
– common-law- non lawfully married, populating together for a certain figure of old ages.
– legal marriage- married by priest or justice, recognized by authorities in all provinces
– polygyny- one hubby has two or more married womans
– polyandry- married woman has two or more hubbies ( up to five ) .
. In 1990, 28 % of US births were to single adult females. By 1995, this figure had increased to 32 % .
. Gender V. Sexual activity
– gender is the societal and psychological features associated with being male or female.
– sex is the biological differentiation between being male or female.
. Gender functions are learned through interaction with the environment, non through biological science.
. The Cognitive-developmental theory of gender function development reflects a blend of biological and societal acquisition positions. Biological preparedness, in footings of cognitive development, of the kid influences how the kid responds to gender cues in the environment.
. Sternberg s trigon of love-
– intimacy- unwraping personal feelings
– passion- sexual yearning and demand
– commitment- determination to keep love relationship with spouse
. Lee s love styles-
– ludus positions love as a game
– pragma is logical and rational
– Eros is titillating, consumed by passion and love affair
– passion love feels intense emotion and sexual passion but is out of cont
– storage is unagitated, soothing, asexual love devoid of all passion
– agape is altruistic and giving, anticipating nil in return.
. 67 % of 620 never-married college pupils reported that they would disassociate if they fell out of love with their partner.
Dating and Mate Selection
. 41 % of grownups in US age 25-29 reported that they had over 5 spouses since age 18, in contrast to 26 % between the ages of 18 and 24 who reported that they had had over 5 spouses.
. Cohabitating Couples-
– Here and now- spouses who have an emotional/sexual relationship and want to populate together because they enjoy each other.
– Testers- emotionally/sexually involved spouses who want to measure whether remaining together and acquiring married is right for them.
– Engaged- spouses who are committed to acquiring married.
– Money savers- spouses who live together chiefly out of economic necessity.
– Pension partners- live together because matrimony would ensue in loss for one or both spouses of benefits from a old matrimony.
-Cohabitants forever- twosomes who view populating together as a lasting alterative to matrimony.
. Most frequent grounds for college pupils stoping a relationship-
-cheating ( 18 % )
– met person new ( 15 % )
– spouse met person new ( 13 % )
– went back to old lover ( 6 % )
– spouse went back to old lover ( 5 % )
Person else was the biggest ground people broke off relationships, following was dishonesty.
Cite this Marriage And Family Research Paper
Marriage And Family Research Paper. (2018, May 20). Retrieved from https://graduateway.com/marriage-and-family-essay-research-paper/