1. If the sperm cell of a fruit fly has 4 chromosomes. so the figure of chromosomes in each organic structure cell is: a. 2B. 4c. 6d. 8e. 16
2. Of the undermentioned cells. the lone one to hold the monoploid figure of chromosomes is: a ) tegumentB ) musculusdegree Celsius ) nervusvitamin D ) conjunctionvitamin E ) egg cell
3. The diploid figure is restored as a consequence of:a ) distinctionB ) fertilisationdegree Celsius ) cleavagevitamin D ) reduction-divisionvitamin E ) ripening
4. During miosis. the chromosome figure:a ) is twofoldB ) is reduceddegree Celsius ) remains the samevitamin D ) becomes diploidvitamin E ) becomes tetraploid
5. Prophase I of miosis ( is. is non ) similar to prophase of mitosis.
6. The first anaphase of miosis differs from anaphase of mitosis in that kinetochores ( make. make non ) divide.
7. Oogenesis finally gives rise to ( one egg cell. four egg cell ) with the ( haploid. diploid ) figure of chromosomes.
8. A spermatazoan is a ( gamete. fertilized ovum ) . and is ( monoploid. diploid ) .
9. An egg cell is a ( gamete. fertilized ovum ) . and is ( monoploid. diploid ) .
10. When a sperm cell and an ovum merge.
they undergo the procedure of fertilisation. and give rise to a ( gamete. fertilized ovum ) . which is ( monoploid. diploid ) .
Questions 11-16. A conjectural being has 10 chromosomes for each of its organic structure cells.
11. ) Skin cells are continuously being rubbed off and replaced. How many chromosomes will be contained in each new tegument cell that is replaced? 10
12. ) This replacing occurs through the procedure of mitosis.
13. ) The diploid figure ( 2N ) for this being is 10.
14. ) This being would hold how many homologous braces of chromosomes? 5
15. ) The female of this being has an ovary. The figure of chromosomes in each of the cells that make up the ovary would be 10.
16. ) The mature eggs of this female would incorporate how many chromosomes? 5
17. ) There is an being whose monoploid figure is 15. How many chromosomes are found in this organism’s sperm cells? 15
18. ) Crossing-over can be found in the phase ofa. Prophase I b ) Prophase II degree Celsius ) Interphase vitamin D ) Anaphase I e ) Anaphase II
19. ) Which of the undermentioned procedure will ensue in a decrease of the chromosome figure by half? a. Mitosisb. Meiosisc. Cytoplasmic divisiond. DNA reproductione. Fertilization
20. ) The gamete normally has a chromosome figure. a. haploidb. diploidc. triploidd. tetraploide. polyploidy
21. ) Which of the undermentioned best describe the term “crossing over” ? a. An exchange of information between two homologous chromosomes b. A molecular interaction between two sister chromatids c. A molecular interaction between two non-sister chromatids d. A separation of two sister chromatids
e. None of the above
22. ) Sexual reproduction requires all of the undermentioned except a. miosisb. mitosisc. gamete formationd. fertilisatione. None of the above
23. ) What type of cell undergoes miosis? source cells
24. ) Meiosis produces monoploid ( # ) reproductive cells called gametes.
25. ) Name the 2 human gametes & A ; state their chromosome figure. Sperm – 23 ; egg – 23
26. ) What is the chromosome figure for worlds in bodily cells? 46
27. ) The merger of a sperm and an egg produces a fertilized ovum with 46 ( 2n ) chromosome figure.
28. ) Cells get downing mitosis & A ; miosis Begin with a ( haploid or diploid ) set of chromosomes.
29. ) How many times do cells split during miosis? twice
30. ) What are the phases of miosis called? Meiosis I: Prophase I. Meta I. Ana I. Telo I. cytokinesis. Meiosis II: Pro II. Meta II. Ana II. TeloII. cytokinesis
31. ) What is synapsis & A ; when does it happen?Point of chromosomal contact among homologous chromosomesDuring crossing-over in Prophase I32. ) What is a four?Aligned homologous chromosomes prior to crossing-over
33. ) How are cistrons aligned on homologous chromosomes?By tetrad formation
34. ) Explain what happens during crossing-over?
Reciprocal exchange of familial stuff
35. ) What type of stuff is exchanged during crossing-over? cistrons
36. ) Crossing over consequences in familial fluctuation.
37-38. ) Draw a cell during anaphase I and explicate what is happening.
39. ) What is independent mixture & A ; what consequence does it bring forth? -random alliance of homologues at metaphase I plate – green goodss fluctuation in gametes
40 and 41. ) How many cells are formed at the terminal of Meiosis I & A ; how many transcripts of chromosomes does each cell hold?
42. ) Is DNA copied before Meiosis II? No
43 and 44. ) How many cells form at the terminal of Meiosis II and how many chromosomes do they incorporate?
Cite this Meiosis and Homologous Chromosomes Sample
Meiosis and Homologous Chromosomes Sample. (2017, Jul 28). Retrieved from https://graduateway.com/meiosis-and-homologous-chromosomes-essay-sample-essay/