The research aims to investigate the Accounts department of a leading institution in the area.
The researcher aims to: Determine whether are not credit control is put in place by the Accounts office. Outline the unit control process used by the firm
1. Employees should not be drinking on the job.
2. Employee should be properly dress at all times.
3. Rules must be followed by every worker in the firm.
4. Confidential records are kept privately.(lock away in filing cabinet).
5. Customers receipt and valuable documents are put up safely.
6. When buying goods on credit they are rules apply to the creditor by the accounts office/personnel.
7. Customers should be properly attired before being attended to.
8. Customers are not allowed to take food into the organization. .
Rosemount Dist Linstead P.O. St. Catherine June 28, 2012 The Manager
Courts Jamaica Limited
54 kings Street
I am a grade eleven student of the McGrath High School; currently I am pursing my office administration school based assessment. In order to complete this course I am required to conduct a research. The object of this research is to investigate the accounts department of a leading institution in the Linstead area. I therefore seek permission to conduct this study in your organization.
I am required to administer questionnaires to observe the operations at the office as well as to conduct an interview. I would be grateful if you could allow me to conduct this study in your organization. My contact number is 887-2652. A quick and favorable response is anticipated.
Your respectful Rajean Lewis CCV. Johnson
The following questions are design to investigate the Accounts department in your organization with specific reference to: Determine whether are not credit control is put in lace y the accounts office. Outline the credit control process used by the firm.
1. How many employees work in the accounting department
2. The working hours set by the manager for the accounting department 3. Four document that is kept in the accounting department
4. Rules that must be followed by employees in the accounting department 5. State the step by step procedures of a typical day activity in the accounting department
Schedule of activities
June 9, 2012
Prepare SBA, table of content and research questions.
Sept 15, 2012
Worked on questionnaires an interview schedule.
Questions were correct and ready to be sent to the organization. Sept 18,2012
Methodology was prepared.
Methodology was finished and good to go.
June 21, 2012
Sample of correspondence was clear and well understand.
Letter was correct.
Sept 21, 2012
Worked on observation schedule.
It was very clear and well understand.
In order for the researcher to collect information the following method of data collection were used: questionnaires, interview schedules and also observation schedules. In order to get the information that is needed a letter was sent to the organization along with questionnaires and an interview schedule. Work practice were also observes. Questionnaires were used as a tool of investigation because of the many advantages such as: It allows data to be collected from large number of people.
It makes it possible to compare the responses of the many respondents. It is a cheaper way to collect information.
The interview schedule use to collect information from employees to know how things are organized and operate in the organization and to know how effective their job is. It was also to get additional information needed to complete the research.
Aims and Objectives
This research is an investigation of the accounts department of a leading investigation in the area.
The researcher aims to:
1. Determine whether or not credit control is put in places by the account office control process. 2. Outline the credit use by the firm
First and fore most would like to say thanks to almighty god for putting me
through so that I could finish this School Based Assessment (s.b.a.) Secondly I would really like to say a big thank you to my teacher Miss V.Johnson for giving me such an interesting topic so I could further my studies. Last but not least, how could I ever forget to thank my group members which include: Chenika, Shanty, Cherika, Shanique and others. I really appreciate you guys her
Thank you all.
Caribbean Examination Council
School Based Assessment
An investigation of the account department of a leading institution in the area
Name of candidate-
Name of subject-
Name of school-
Functions of the department
An accounts department plays the very important role of keeping and managing the financial records of a business. Two functions of the accounts department are:
1. Credit control: A business must consider carefully the ability of its customers to pay any debits it allows them to build up by allowing credit. 2. Treatments of debit and credit notes: A credit and debits notes are very useful way of putting these mistakes right. They are created and administrated by the account office.
A credit note will be sent out by the sellers account department (creditor) to the buyer (debtors) in the following circumstance, (when goods are returned example they are the wrong goods, they are faulty, etc. the buyer is given an allowance e.g. for repair of damaged goods).
Table of Content
Content Pages Acknowledgement i Overview ii PART 1-PREPARATION OF TOPIC
Topic/Title 1 Aim 2 Functions of the department 3 Sample of correspondence 4 PART 2-DATA GATHRING METHODOLOGY
Methodology 5 Questions asked to personnel 6 Schedule of activities 7 Regulation of policies 8 PART 3-PRESENTATION OF REPORT
Repot 9 Uses of business report 10 Uses of offices equipment 11 Reference and person list 12 APPENDIXES
Questionnaire iii Interview Schedule
IV Observation v
The following questions are designed to investigate the accounts department in your organization with specific reference to: Determine whether or not credits control is put in place by the accounts office Outline the credit control process used by the firm
1. Equipment used in the accounts department
2. Use of the office equipment
3. Purpose of the office equipment
4. Document used in accounts department
5. Filing of documents used in the account departments
6. Company policies/procedures
8. Code of conduce
10. Staff rules
11. Office layout
12. Dress out
13. Work attitude
The following questions are designed to investigate the accounts department in your organized with specific reference to: Determine whether or not credits control is put in place by the accounts office. Outline the credit control process used by the firm.
Please respond to the following questions by placing a tick in the box provided. 1. Gender?
*22-26 *32-36 *37 and over
3. How long have you been working in this organization?
*Under one year
*Over 10 years
4. What is the maximum amount of debit allowed?
*$200,000 and over
5. Benefits of allowing credit to customers
*Additional revenue for the company
*Discount/special offer to customer
*Develop trust and loyalty with customers
6. Indentify the business form that are used in the account department *Debit notes
*Petty cash voucher
7. Indentify the goods available on credit in your organization *Bed
8. State the information needed to obtained credit from your organization *Proof of income
9. Consequence that results from not paying credit
10. Reasons why customers return goods
*Too few gods were delivered
PREPARATION OF TOPICS
The school based assessment (s.b.a) is an investigation of the accounting department of a leading institution in the area, the particular reference to the area. The aim of this project is to determine whether are not credit control is put in place by the accounts office and outline the credit process used by the firm.
In going through my s.b.a you should find 3 different section showing: preparation of topics, data gathering, and methodology and presentation report. In the first section you should find: topics, aim, function of the department, and a sample of correspondence. Section two you will see: methodology, schedule of activities and regulation of policies. The third section consist of uses of business report,uses of office equipment,reference and personal list,appendix,questionnaire,interview question and observation schedule. Reference and person list
1. Miss V.Johnson (teacher)
2. Courts super center. Www. Courtsja.com
3. Heinemann office administration for (CSEC) by JR Alan Whitcomb. 4. Office administration class note book
5. http Google Research.com.
6. A person from the school, St.jago high school Sonia Jones.
An investigation of the account department of a leading institution in the area.