Recommendation for the Purchase of a 60” Flat Panel Television Essay
This memo serves as a reminder to you regarding your instruction to the undersigned to gather information on a 60” flat panel television to be used as basis for justification for the purchase of said TV set for viewing (especially sports), for PowerPoint presentations, and for video gaming - Recommendation for the Purchase of a 60” Flat Panel Television Essay introduction. It seems that you have been receiving a lot of memos so I have to initiate this reminder.
More Essay Examples on Television Rubric
I would like to inform you that data for two (2) brands/models have been gathered from the internet and are presented in this memo under three headings, namely: General Description, Independent/Professional Reviews, and Comparative Prices along with Stores that Sell the Product.
The undersigned recommends the purchase of “Sony Grand Wega XBR KDF-60XBR950 60 in LCD Rear-Projection TV” from the store named Camera Addict as the most cost-effective and most compliant with our requirements based on the following justifications. (Please see Conclusion heading for the justification of this recommendation.)
· Sony Grand Wega XBR KDF-60XBR950 60 in LCD Rear-Projection TV: Step up to a larger screen with Sony’s KF-60WE610 60″ Grand WEGA™ LCD Rear Projection TV. You’ll find yourself entranced by vivid images and amazing sound effects as you reap the benefits our unique features offer you. The WEGA Engine™ system maintains the picture in the digital domain, while the Optical Engine delivers high-resolution picture corner-to-corner. Enjoy the stunning detail and clarity enabled by this television’s 3.28 million dots resolution. Fixed pixel display and constant light eliminate flicker, Enhanced Memory Stick® Media make images and MP3s come to life on screen, and the HDTV monitor produces outstanding picture quality. Visual excellence and surreal sound meet in the perfect size — large. (http://www.shopzilla.com/3H–Sony_Grand_Wega_XBR_KDF_60XBR950_60_in_LCD_Rear_Projection_TV_-_cat_id–11520000__prod_id–11302136 )
· Zenith D60WLCD 60 in Flat Panel LCD TV: HDTV – Aspect Ratio: Widescreen (16:9) – Resolution: 1280 x 720 Pixels (http://www.shopzilla.com/9L–Zenith_D60WLCD_60_in_Flat_Panel_LCD_TV_-_cat_id–11520000__keyword–60%20inch%20flat%20television__prod_id–6556921#details)
· Sony Grand Wega XBR KDF-60XBR950 60 in LCD Rear-Projection TV: (a) Great tv for the money by mmoore Dec. 30 2004 (11 out of 11 people found this review helpful); Best of the LCD Projections IMHO. by SWC Apr. 22 2004 (78 out of 80 people found this review helpful); A must buy by goofy Feb. 9 2004 (27 out of 38 people found this review helpful).
· Zenith D60WLCD 60 in Flat Panel LCD TV: (a) If you”re after a big, bright, rear-projection LCD HDTV monitor, Zenith”s 60-inch D60WLCD is optimized for widescreen (16:9 aspect-ratio) high-definition images. Being no deeper than most 19-inch CRT sets, the D60WLCD is ideal for home theaters and anywhere where space is a concern. The set features integrated dual NTSC tuners and extensive connection panels and accepts HDTV, SD, and NTSC video sources from external devices. By Amazon.com; (b) In every Face Off, someone has to come in last. In this case, the dubious honor falls to the RCA HDLP61W151. Pigeonholing it as a last-place performer isn t entirely fair, as it does a number of things right. However, it has two issues that prevented it from placing any higher. By Home Theater Mag; (c) LCD monitors are undergoing something of a resurgence, buoyed by the popularity of LCD computer screens and the rush to ever-bigger plasma displays. From the front, big LCDs like this one look something like a plasma sitting happily on a table, though a peek around back reveals that they re not hang-on-the-wall thin. They re also quite a bit cheaper than plasmas. This one costs $5999 and is just 171/2 inches deep, compared to roughly $15,000 or more for a 60-inch, high-definition-capable plasma that is typically between 3 and 4 inches deep. So while buyers can get something like the feel of a plasma for about a third the price, they have to live with the technical limitations of LCD, just as plasma buyers live with the limitations of that technology. By Guide to Home Theater (see link above under the prices heading).
COMPARATIVE PRICES ALONG WITH STORES THAT SELL THE PRODUCT
· Camera Addict (Sonny, $2,350.00)
· ElegantAudioVideo.com (Sonny, $3,825.00)
· HomeTheaterphiles (Sonny, $4,999.99)
· 800 Stereo.com (Sonny, $5,499.99)
· Home Theater Plus (Sonny, $5,499.99)
· 800 Stereo.com (Zenith, $3,748.00)
· MacMall (Zenith, $4,999.95)
· PC Mall (Zeniith, $4,999.99)
· OnSale (Zenith, $4,999.95)
The undersigned recommends the purchase of “Sony Grand Wega XBR KDF-60XBR950 60 in LCD Rear-Projection TV” from the store named Camera Addict as the most cost-effective and most compliant with our requirements based on the following justifications.
· The price (US$2,3500) is within your budget of US$4,000.
· Independent and professional reviews and evaluation of the recommend brand have been made by three sources (mmoore, SWC, and goofy)—for example, 116 out of 129 people found the three reviews to be “helpful.”
· The resolution of the recommend brand (1386 x 788 Pixels) is higher and is therefore better than the alternative’s (1280 x 720 Pixels).
· The recommended brand is “Wall Mountable” while the alternative is not—this feature is very much needed as the ideal place to mount or place the planned TV to be bought is on a wall so that more viewers can watch compared to when the TV set is placed on a TV stand or table.
· The weight of 100 lbs is just ideal to be mounted on a wall compared to the alternative’s which is 132.2 lbs.
· The recommended model has a V-Chip—this gives “parental [administrative] control” over the TV set that enables the TV administrator to use passwords to regulate TV programs available to predetermined viewers.
· The general features of the recommended brand has these: Customers will find themselves entranced by vivid images and amazing sound effects as they reap the benefits of the unique features of the TV set. The WEGA Engine™ system maintains the picture in the digital domain, while the Optical Engine delivers high-resolution picture corner-to-corner. Viewers will enjoy the stunning detail and clarity enabled by this television’s 3.28 million dots resolution. Fixed pixel display and constant light eliminate flicker, Enhanced Memory Stick® Media make images and MP3s come to life on screen, and the HDTV monitor produces outstanding picture quality. Visual excellence and surreal sound meet in the perfect size — large.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to call me.
1. Shopzilla (n.d.). Sony Grand Wega XBR KDF-60XBR950 60 in LCD Rear-Projection TV. (An internet-based advertisement) http://www.shopzilla.com/12–Sony_Grand_Wega_XBR_KDF_60XBR950_60_in_LCD_Rear_Projection_TV_-_cat_id–11520000__keyword–60%20inch%20flat%20television__prod_id–11302136 (February 2, 2007).
2. Shopzilla (n.d.). Zenith D60WLCD 60 in Flat Panel LCD TV. (An internet-based advertisement) http://www.shopzilla.com/12–Zenith_D60WLCD_60_in_Flat_Panel_LCD_TV_-_cat_id–11520000__keyword–60%20inch%20flat%20television__prod_id–6556921 (February 2, 2007).
I received the memo you wrote for me. Thank you so much for your help.
But i wondering did you get my last two messages. i provided two sample memos for this assignment.
I need some revision from you.This memo is too confusing with those long table contents.if you can not find three proper independent review,just give me two is ok.I need the memo you wrote to have same format with the sample i provided.
Also See the model memo for proper formatting that includes:
• A memo header addressed to your reader [DONE]
• Headings [DONE]
• Some bulleted sections (like this one) [DONE]
• An introduction that is no longer than 3 sentences [DONE]
• An introduction that explains why you are writing, because your reader receives lots of memos and needs to be reminded of your task [DONE]
• An introduction that explains what you will do in your memo. In this case, indicate that you will recommend a specific TV that you identify in the introduction. [DONE]
• A concluding section that that provides the best reason for your recommendation. Conclusion need to provide some new and persuasive information. This is very important. [DONE]
• Have you used hyperlinking in your text so I can go to the sources of your information? The source you provide does not meet this memo ‘s requirement and I can not find the information i need from the link you provide. [DONE, please see GENERAL DESCRIPTION heading or the Reference section at the last part of the memo]
• When you claim that a feature or product is good or bad have you supported that claim with reasons? [DONE, see conclusion]
• I need the product with 60″ and under 4000 dollars, not anything esle. [DONE, see conclusion]
Please let me know when you will finish the revision.