The movie “Crash”
The movie “Crash”
1)The movie “Crash” is saturated with unconscionable and violent behaviors as well as brutality:
More Essay Examples on Movie Rubric
– One of the first episodes is the robbery, in which the district attorney and his wife are forced to give their car to African American carjackers, being threatened with knife.
– Another act is sexual contact between the TV star and his wife in his car, while the man was driving; because of his careless attitude towards traffic and driving rules, he challenges his own and the others’ safety therefore.
– The policemen, who catch him, sexually harass his wife in order to humiliate the couple.
– the members of the elite circles behave quite arrogantly: basing on the cultural background of the young worker, the attorney’s wife orders to change the locks several times, as the first job is performed by Mexican, to who the woman has no trust.
– It is necessary to remember that the major thread of the whole film is the race-related homicide, investigated by the detective.
2)It is hard to generalize for the present film, as the cases of ill-mannered acts are diverse.
– Manslaughter can be viewed as a “natural” crime, as deprivation of life, even though individuals are not entitled to determine the others’ survival - The movie “Crash” introduction. Murder is unquestionably immoral not only because of the bans in respective articles in the legislation and God’s law, but also due to the fact that it is associated with ”stepping over” the value of life and constitutes a social threat.
– Sexual contact in the car is, first and foremost, overt public obscenity, as this process might have been noticed or heard by a number of people. Moreover, public safety is also threatened in this case, as the driver’s attention is to great extent distracted.
– Arrogance and exaggerated distrust for the person point to the expression of disrespect for this Mexican man as well. Thus, such behavior humiliates human personality.
– Sexual harassment is unconscionable, as its major component is treating woman as an inanimate object, humiliating her and demonstrating the absence of respect.
– Carjacking, as a type of stealth, or taking a thing from an owner without their deliberate consent, contradicts with both religious and Biblical laws. Stealth is a violent act that neglects the results of hard work.
3)There are several cases, in which the abrupt or cruel behavior is really caused by the misinformation.
-The arrogant wife of the attorney actually is suspicious of the Mexican worker because of the widespread stereotype about this group as inclined to crime.
– The inability to avoid unquotable or obscene language is associated with the lack of upbringing and the poor awareness of the necessity to develop a positive culture of communication. This means, the individuals, who express themselves using such lexicon, simply know no alternative communications models.