All human being live in wold of information society where knowledge workers channel their energies to provide huge of information services. The knowledge worker’s job function turns around the use, and distribution of information. This Assignment will help to understand today’s technology so you can take your place in the information society.
In an information society, the focus of is on the generation and distribution of information. The technological revolution is changing our way of life: the ways we live, work, and play.
The effect of this revolution, the computer, is transforming the way we communicate, do business, and learn. An explosion of technological advances is increasing the speed of this change.
· Already, you do not need to go further than your home computer to get the best deal on a new car, send your personal messages, movies, order tickets to the theater, or search for a good hospital all around the world.
· Millions of people can be “at work” wherever they are as long as they have their own personal computers-at a client’s office, in an airplane, or at home.
The mobile worker’s personal computer enables electronic links to extensive array of information and to clients and shared by members of group.
To put the emerging information society into perspective, we need to look back a half-century and look at the evolution of computing.
· Fifty years ago, our parents and grandparents built ships, did accounting, and performed surgery, all without the aid of computers. Everything they did was without computers, as there were no computers!
· In the 1960s, people start spending multimillion-dollar for just computer-processed data for those companies that could afford them. These computers, the domain of highly specialized technical gurus remained behind locked doors. In “the old days” business computer systems were designed so a computer professional served as an intermediary between the user, someone who use the computer and the computer system. Users are blue and white-collar workers who use the computer to help them do their jobs better.
· In the middle of 1970s, computer becomes smaller and more accessible. This general direction resulted in the introduction of
Commercially viable personal computer. During the 1980s, millions of people from all over the world of life purchased this minicomputer, which has, become a miracle. 1.3. Foundation for the Information Society
Information as we now know it is relatively a new concept. Just 50 short years ago, information was the telephone operator who provided directory assistance. Around 1950, people began to view information as something that could be collected, sorted, summarized, exchanged, and processed. But only during the last decade have people begun to tap the potential of information. To fully appreciate information, we must also examine the origin of data. Data (the plural of datum) are the raw materials from which
Information is derived. Information is data that have been collected and processed into meaningful form. Said in another way, information is the meaning we give to accumulated fact (data). Data is all around us.
Cite this The Technological Revolution Essay
The Technological Revolution Essay. (2018, Sep 24). Retrieved from https://graduateway.com/the-technological-revolution-essay/