Understand employment responsibilities and rights in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings Essay
Ai Imagine you are a newly appointed supervisor/manager within your service - Understand employment responsibilities and rights in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings Essay introduction. You need to update your staff handbook to reflect current employment law.
Identify three different sources of information you could use to enable you to do this.
More Essay Examples on Health Rubric
• Employment Law
• Equal and diversity act 2010
• Human rights act
Once you have identified a reliable source of information:
Aii a) List three aspects of employment covered by law.
• Employment law
• Disability discrimination act
• Human rights act
b) List three main features of current employment legislation
• To protect both the employer and employee
• To ensure fair and equal rights, such as abiding by minimum wage, maternity rights, holidays and working hours
• The right to a contract of terms and conditions
Aiii Briefly outline why employment law exists.
Employment law exsists to give protection to both the emplpyer and employee. To ensure that both parties have fair and equal rights.. If employment laws
didn’t exsist, neither would things like national minimum wage. You could face bullying or discrimination, you could be sacked at anytime for no reason,
Task B Your work role
Bi Describe the terms and conditions of your employment as set out in your contract of employment or employment agreement.
Bii Describe the information which needs to be shown on your pay slip/statement.
Biii Identify two changes to personal information which you must report to your employer.
Biv Describe the procedure to follow if you wanted to raise a grievance at work. You may describe this in writing or produce a flow chart or diagram.
Bv Explain the agreed ways of working with your employer in relation to the following areas: 1. Data protection
3. Conflict management
4. Anti-discriminatory practice
5. Health & safety
Bvi Explain how your role contributes to the overall delivery of the service provided.
Bvii Explain how you could influence the quality of the service provided by; a) following best practice within your work role;
b) not carrying out the requirements of your role.
Bviii Describe how your own work must be influenced by National factors such as Codes of Practice, National Occupational Standards, Legislation and
Bix a) Identify two different representative bodies which influence your area of work.
b) Describe the role of the two representative bodies you have identified.
Task C Career Pathway
Create a career pathway plan for yourself, indicating what opportunities are open to you as you progress in your chosen career. Indicate what you will need to learn or any qualifications you might need to gain in order to achieve your goals. Identify sources of information to help you achieve your goals.
Task D Presentation or report
Prepare a presentation or report on an issue or area of public concern related to the care profession.
Your presentation or report should include:
• A description of the issue or area of public concern raised • An outline of the different points of view regarding the issue or area of public concern raised • A description of how the issue or area of public concern has affected service provision and methods of working
• A description of how public opinion is affected by issues and areas of concern in either the health, social care or children’s and young people’s sectors