Table of contents
✒️ Socrates Essay Topics for High School Students
- “No One Knowingly Does Evil” by Socrates
- “The Apology” by Plato: Socrates Accusations Term
- “The Republic”: Socrates Defense of Justice
- A Better Understanding of Socrates
- An Analysis of the Accusations against Socrates in Plato’s The Apology
- Analysis of Meno’s Question to Socrates
- Analysis of Socrates and Plato Theories
- Analyzing The Theory of Recollection as Depicted in Meno and Phaedo and Using Socrates Character
- Ancient Greek Philosophy: Socrates and Plato Comparison Report
- Athens Put Socrates and Philosophy on Trial
- Barack Obama or Socrates for President
- Basic Theories in Socrates Philosophy
- Comparing the Portrayal of Socrates as Philosophical Martyr
- Critical Analysis of The Apology of Socrates by Plato
- Critique on Plato’s Apology of Socrates
- Defense of Socrates
- Defense of Socrates – The Charges
- Defense on a Charge Brought Against Socrates
- Does Socrates Allow his Enemies to win by Staying and Accepting his Sentence?
- Eliminating Differences: Socrates and Euthyphro
- From Socrates to Nietzsche
- Greek Philosopher Socrates Autobiography
✨ Best socrates Topic Ideas & Essay Examples
- Was Socrates Wise?
Socrates, an Athenian philosopher who lived from 469 BC until his very unnecessary death in 399 BC, has had his wisdom called into question many times since he has been studied. But to know whether some is wise, we must first know what it means to ….
- The Apology of Socrates
In the broadest context tradition can hold, the works of Socrates doubtlessly laid the key concepts of the western philosophical spectrum. However, the acclaimed philosophers’ defense against accusations thrown at him simply entitled Apology, links ….
- Socrates Worldview
This question focuses on why there is something rather than nothing. Socrates uses the theory of recollection as evidence to prove his theory of creation. This theory of creation introduces that our souls have an existence before this ….
- Apology: Accusation and Trial of Socrates
As we read in the Apology, Socrates was on trial because he was thought to be a wise man who taught his views to the youth. Being wise was an illegal behavior during his time. He was accused of making weaker arguments the stronger. Knowing none of ….
- Plato’s Socrates and Aristotle on the Soul
(384 BC – 322 BC) was a philosopher, a student of Plato and teacher of Alexander the Great. He wrote on many subjects, including physics, metaphysics, poetry, theater, music, logic, rhetoric, politics, government, ethics, biology and zoology. ….
- Socrates Defines Justice
Socrates attempts to define the true meaning of justice by critiquing the ideas of other philosophers. In book 1 of Plato’s Republic the debate among Socrates and his colleagues begins with Cephalus, who first defines justice as simply being honest ….
- Crucifixion and death of Jesus Christ and Socrates
This essay states the comparisons of the death and crucifixion of Jesus Christ Socrates. The crucifixion of Jesus Christ is an event that occurred during the 1st century AD. Jesus, whom Christians believe to be the Son of God as well as the Messiah, ….
- Analysis of Behavior of Socrates Dog
Many things affect people and how they behave based on genetics and what type of environment they are raised in. Part of a person or animal’s behavior stems from behaviors which are innate or what they are exposed to in life. Socrates is a dog who ….
- The Stoics and Socrates
The question of the reality of the soul and its distinction from the body isamong the most important problems of philosophy, for with it is bound up thedoctrine of a future life. The soul may be defined as the ultimate internalprinciple by which we ….
- Comparing Socrates to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Comparing Socrates to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Two men are separated by two and a half millennia. Yet, these two, Socrates and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. could not be obscured by such a considerable span of time filled with the unfolding of ….
- Socrates Short Essay
Socrates, as known by Renault, was a beautiful creature. Not physically beautiful, but internally and fundamentally beautiful. It was he who said: When you assume the show of any virtue, you open a credit account, which one day you will have to meet ….
- Plato and Socrates Anthology
Socrates Anthology and Plato Plato: I: Apology 1. What are the charges brought against Socrates by his Athenian accusers and what is his reply concerning the sort of wisdom he in fact possesses? The charges that were brought against Socrates were ….
- Jesus Against Socrates
Socrates, known as the famous Greek philosopher and one of the wisest people around, was looked at as being a very strong willed and “stand-by-his-opinion” kind of man. Jesus, on the other hand, was a man who went through his life not by blatantly ….
- Plato’s Socrates and Sophocle’s Antigone – Similarities
The ancient Greek societies had a strong corrective method to maintain order. Authorities had to maintain a self-survival attitude, which consisted of putting away those few that could challenge their power and create chaos. Both Antigone of ….
- Death of Socrates Painting by Jacques-Louis David
In my research paper I analyze the historical picture “The Death of Socrates” (Oil on Canvas, 51” х771/4 1787, Metropolitan Museum of Art), painted by the French painter neo-classicist Jacques-Louis David. My work involves a close examination of ….
- Were the Accusations against Socrates Justified?
Abstract Socrates was a martyr. He died on account of the belief that he embraced. But history no less attests to his innocence. It was known that Socrates was accused of three crimes: impiety, contempt for the gods and corrupting the minds of the ….
- Socrates and Galileo: victims of authoritarinism
Socrates and galileo: victims of authoritarinism The emergence of scientific thought as a challenge to other forms of established thinking was the result of its rationalization by Francis Bacon followed by Galileo generally around the same time in ….
- Socrates Choice in His Work “Crito”
Socrates was an ancient Greek philosopher who was accused of impiety and corrupting the youth of Athens. His sentence was death, byway of drinking poison. However, prior to his execution day, a friend, Crito, offered Socrates an opportunity to flee ….
✍ Socrates Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
- Justice for Socrates and Augustine Report
- Kant and Socrates
- Lawyer at Socrates Case in 399 B.C.
- Meaning of Life and Socrates
- Organizational Leadership Socrates Term
- Philosopher Socrates and the Power of Doubt
- Philosopher Socrates as an Example of a Hero
- Philosophy before Death: Socrates in The Phaedo
- Philosophy of Socrates
- Philosophy: Dialogue with Socrates
- Piety and holiness—dialogue of Socrates and Euthyphro Explicatory
- Piety in Socrates and Euthyphro’s Dialogue
- Plato and Socrates
- Plato and Socrates on the Ideal Leader’s Virtues
- Plato’s Apology of Socrates Coursework
- Plato’s Apology: Is Socrates Guilty?
- Platonic Literature about the Later Days of the Socrates
- Reflections on Socrates Quote
- Rhetoric Definition by Socrates and Gorgios
- Similarities Between Martin Luther King and Socrates
- Socrates – Wisest Man
- Socrates & Integrity
- Socrates and Descartes: Similarities and Difference Essay (Critical Writing)
- Socrates and His Methods Essay (Critical Writing)
- Socrates and His Representations
- Socrates and Modern Social Morality
- Socrates and Phaedrus: The Art of Persuasion
Argumentative Essay Topics About Socrates
- Socrates and Sophist Debates
- Socrates and the Defintion of Piety
- Socrates and the Root of Evil
- Socrates Apology Analysis
- Socrates Arguments Crito
- Socrates as a Christian Thinker
- Socrates as a Classic of Western Philosophy
- Socrates as a Founder of Western Philosophy
- Socrates as Depicted in Equal Opportunities
- Socrates as Eros
- Socrates Biography and Philosophy
- Socrates by Aristophanes and Plato Critical
- Socrates Figure: Based on “the Apology” by Plato
- Socrates in “Phaedrus” by Plato
- Socrates influence on Plato’s philosophy Term
- Socrates on Education
- Socrates on Justice
- Socrates on Justice, Law and the Obligation to obey the State
- Socrates on Oligarchy and Democracy
- Socrates on Question of Piety
- Socrates on Teaching and Learning Critical
- Socrates on the Justice and Injustice
Good Essay Topics About Socrates
- Socrates On the Unexamined Mind
- Socrates Philosophy in Meno Dialogue
- Socrates Plato Maimonides And Aristotle Education
- Socrates Trial: Guilty or Not Guilty?
- Socrates versus Euthyphro: Holiness and Piety Analytical
- Socrates Versus Nelson Mandela
- Socrates Views on Human Wisdom
- Socrates vs Thrasymachus
- State Obedience in “Crito” by Socrates
- The Argument of Socrates that Virtue is not a Teachable Knowledge
- The Biography of Socrates
- The Comparison and Similarities: Jesus Christ and Socrates
- The Destructive Cross-Examination of Socrates
- The Dialog “Crito” by Socrates Explicatory
- The Dialogue Between Euthyphro and Socrates
- The Discussion between Socrates and Meno Regarding the Significance of Knowledge
- The Great Philosophers’ Opinions and “No Exit”: from Socrates to Sartre
- The Ideas of Socrates
- The parable of the cave by Socrates Explicatory
- The Perception of the Self according to Socrates
- The Philosophy of Socrates
- The Root of All Wrongdoing: Trial and Death of Socrates
- The Teachings of Plato Socrates and Machiavelli
Persuasive Essay Topics About Socrates
- The Trial and Execution of Socrates
- The Unspoken Rebuttal of Socrates by Plato in The Republic
- The Use of Sense and Priori Proof by Socrates as Depicted in Plato’s Phaedo
- The Willfully Ignorant and Morally Detrimental: Socrates Vs Sophists
- Theory of recollection from Plato’s writings about Socrates
- Try to Persuade Socrates Friends to Save Him
- Violence and Summary Socrates
- Virtue & Happiness According to Socrates
- When Socrates meets Confucius
- Why did Socrates Despise the Sophists?
- Why Socrates Does Not Appeal to the Assembly for Mercy?