Android is an Operating System for Mobiles that runs on Linux Kernel. It was developed by Android Inc. but was subsequently purchased purchase GOOGLE.
Some of the characteristics of ANDROID OS are as followers:
WEB BROWSER– LibWebCore – a modern web browser engine which powers both the Android browser and an embeddable web position.
Storage:–SQLite– a powerful and lightweight relational database engine available to all applications.
Media support: – Android supports: MPEG-4 SP, AMR, AMR-WB ( in 3GP container ) , AAC, HE-AAC ( in MP4 or 3GP container ) , MP3, MIDI, OGG Vorbis, WAV, JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP
Additional Hardware Support: Android can utilize video/still cameras, touch screens, GPS, accelerometers, gaussmeters, accelerated 2D spot blits ( with hardware orientation, grading, pixel format transition ) and accelerated 3D artworks.
Multi-touch:Android has native support for multi-touch which is available in newer French telephones such as the HTC Hero. The characteristic was ab initio disabled at the meats degree ( perchance to avoid conflicting Apple patents on touch-screen engineering
Connectivity: Android supports connectivity engineerings including GSM/EDGE, CDMA, EV-DO, UMTS, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi.
USES and ADVANTAGES:
As it ‘s a nomadic Operating System its extensively used in cell phones, iPods etc.
The application used by this OS are largely built by GOOGLE Inc. holding better efficiency and dependability.
A new phone ( NEXUS ONE ) has been officially announced by GOOGLE which has everything you can make with computing machine. Though its non available in PAKISTAN yet.
About Future Extension of ANDROID:
Google is still working on it. And upcoming with better applications of it. Google is doing things easier in the field of computing machine scientific discipline every bit good as in the field of Telecommunication as it can be seen by the launch of new phone NEXUS ONE holding ANDROID Operating System.
Debian GNU/Linux is a free operating system, developed by more than a 1000 voluntaries from all over the universe who collaborate via the Internet. Debian ‘s dedication to Free Software, its non-profit nature, and its unfastened development theoretical account make it alone among GNU/Linux distributions.
Debian GNU/Linux runs on computing machines runing from palmtops and hand-held systems to supercomputers, and on about everything in between. A sum of 12 architectures are supported: Sun SPARC ( sparc ) , HP Alpha ( alpha ) , Motorola/IBM PowerPC ( powerpc ) , Intel IA-32 ( i386 ) , IA-64 ( ia64 ) , HP PA-RISC ( hppa ) , MIPS ( MIPSs, mipsel ) , ARM ( arm, armel ) , IBM S/390 ( s390 ) , and AMD64 and Intel EM64T ( amd64 ) .
FEATURES OF DEBIAN:
- Many of the Operating System are based on DEBIAN like Ubuntu, MEPIS, Dreamlinux, Damn Small Linux, Xandros, Knoppix, BackTrack, Linspire, sidux, Kanotix, Parsix and LinEx.
- You can run Debian on anything. If you ‘re a developer you can acquire Linux to run on any system under the Sun. For illustration you can acquire Linux to run on an iPhone or a Microsoft xBox 360. But, if you ‘re non a coder and you want to run Linux on a Sun SPARC waiter, an HP Alpha waiter, an IBM s/390 mainframe on the large Fe side to a lightweight ARM Cortex-powered netbook or a Marvell Orion-powered HP Media Vault mv2120 storage device, Debian will run on it. This is pretty darn ready to hand whether you ‘re upgrading your waiters or merely desire one common interface across your full office ‘s computing machine aggregation.
- Debian is now Java friendly. The Linux distribution now includes Sun ‘s OpenJDK ; the GNU Java compiler and Java bytecode translator ; and Classpath, an open-source aggregation of Java libraries. What all this means for users is that you can now utilize most Java-based plans in Debian. Some of these are already available in Debian ‘s package depositories, so you can rapidly utilize these plans.
- Renewed accent on security. In the not-to-distant yesteryear, Debian put its pes into it with a major OpenSSL security screw-up. Unlike some groups, say Microsoft, which ne’er seems to larn security lessons, Debian ‘s developers worked difficult to better the distribution ‘s security.
A Debian GNU system is upgraded to a new minor subrelease or to a new major release by utilizing one out of many methods. Single desktop machines can utilize the CD-ROM-method or the network-method while the machine runs without the demand to bring up it.
Debian bundles integrate really good into the full system. Several tools and appliances are used to assist linking bundles to each other, showing the user a well maintained and circular system.
For all bundles of the distribution the whole beginning is available. The full distribution is free harmonizing to the DFSG which besides means that everybody can better bundles and still administer them.
- User Support
Debian does non hold an office in any state supplying first- and second-level support. This is an advantage since reasonably much any job is likely to be answered within a few hours by other adept Debian users or Debian developers on one of the mailing lists.
- Distant Care:
openSUSE, is a general intent runing system built on top of the Linux meat, developed by the community-supported openSUSE Undertaking and sponsored by Novell. After geting SUSE Linux in January 2004, Novell decided to let go of the SUSE Linux Professional merchandise as a 100 % unfastened beginning undertaking, affecting the community in the development procedure.
- Gnome 2.24.1
openSUSE 11.1 comes with GNOME 2.24, which was released last month. That includes a smattering of nice betterments, such as an improved support for tabbed file shoping. OpenSUSE ‘s GNOME environment ships with a great mixture of default applications. One peculiarly delighting add-on to beta 3, for case, is Tasque-a to-do list public-service corporation that can incorporate with the likes of Milk web service.
- Open Office ORG 3.0 ( OOo )
The OpenOffice.org ( OOo ) undertaking ranks high among the most popular unfastened beginning package applications. The cross-platform productiveness suite has been developed to its newer version of 3.0 and all set to let go of with openSUSE in the following month.
- Mono 2.0.1
Mono 2.0 is a portable and unfastened beginning execution of the.NET model. Mono 2.0.1 plants on the bugs and repair them consequently. Some of the major characteristics include
- Extensive support for databases: PostgreSQL, DB2, Oracle, Sybase, SQL waiter, SQLite and Firebird.
- C5 Generics Library: we are roll uping the C5 generics aggregation category library as portion of Mono.
- Compatibility with C # 3.0
- Has improved support for Windows.Forms such as ADO.NET, ASP.NET, SYSTEM.XML etc.
- Finger Print Reader
Finger Print Readers are more sensitive and accurate in openSUSE 11.1. Merely one fingerprint per user can be registered. The user ‘s fingerprint informations is stored to /etc/pam_thinkfinger/login.bir. We will hold to see how it works really.
- Software Upgrades
With the likes of Firefox 3.0.3 and Banshee 1.3.3 ( do n’t cognize yet if it is the exact version ) which has iPod upgradation in-built, the package bundle will be nil less than attractive for normal users.
- Clangs are really rare even in kde. Many kde distros exists which clangs frequently taking away the involvement of users from Linux.
- Huge Depositories, including 3rd party depositories. There is barely any tool which you will non happen.
- Large community support.
- Large wiki-base which helps in happening solutions of the jobs more rapidly.
About WINDOWS 7:
Windows 7 is an Operating System on personal computing machines, including place and concern desktops, laptops, notebooks, tablet Personal computers, and media centre PCs. Windows 7 was intended to be a more focussed, incremental ascent to the Windows line, with the end of being to the full compatible with applications and hardware with which Windows Vista is already compatible
Misconception: ( That its more and more a VISTA ) :
Windows 7 is non rather a “ Vista service battalion. ” It does portion a batch of the nucleus tech, and was clearly designed to repair about every bad thing anyone said about Vista. Which ironically puts the devil that it was seeking to exorcize at its bosom? What that means is that Windows 7 is what Vista should hold been in the public eye-a solid OS with plentifulness of modern oculus confect that largely succeeds in taking Windows serviceability into the 21st century-but it does n’t daringly introduce or force boundaries or nail down walls or whatever verb meets solid object metaphor you want to utilize, because it had a specific set of duties to run into, courtesy of its forbear.
GOOGLE CHROME OS ( upcoming )
Google Chrome OSis an unfastened beginning runing system designed by Google to work entirely with web applications. Announced on July 7, 2009, Chrome OS is set to hold a publically available stable release during the 2nd half of 2010. The operating system is based on Linux and will run merely on specifically designed hardware
ADVANTAGES AND EXPECTED FEATURES OF GOOGLE CHROME OS:
- Speedy boot-up, as fast as three-seconds:
A Chrome OS device will non hive away any applications on the device itself. Nada, none, nothing, says Pichai. Likewise, it will include merely the hardware, right down to the constituent degree, that Google has approved in its hardware mention specification. The lone applications it will utilize are those that can be run from the cloud in a browser, the Chrome browser, to be specific
- Security by default:
The part of the operating system needed to run the device will shack in a read-only subdivision of memory. The remainder of the operating system is integrated with the Chrome browser and, like the browser, security updates require nil more than a reboot. Chrome OS can run multiple Web applications in multiple checks and each one is locked down from all others, so a exposure in one Web app ca n’t take to exposure in another. User informations stored on the device, which is minimum, is encrypted.
- Support for both x86 and ARM architectures:
Google promises that it will be composing native codification for both popular netbook CPUs.
Some more Features:
- Open Source
- Light Weight
- Virus Free
- hypertext transfer protocol: //en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_ ( OS )
- hypertext transfer protocol: //developer.android.com/guide/basics/what-is-android.html
- hypertext transfer protocol: //en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debian
- hypertext transfer protocol: //www.aboutdebian.com/
- hypertext transfer protocol: //blogs.computerworld.com/debian_5s_five_best_features
- hypertext transfer protocol: //www.infodrom.org/Debian/doc/advantages.html
- hypertext transfer protocol: //en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenSUSE
- hypertext transfer protocol: //gizmodo.com/5330609/windows-7-review-you-can-quit-complaining-now
- hypertext transfer protocol: //www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/features/accessibility.aspx? tabid=2 & A ; catid=1
- hypertext transfer protocol: //www.ghacks.net/2009/11/01/5-productivity-increasing-features-in-windows-7/
GOOGLE CHROME OS:
- hypertext transfer protocol: //dotgiri.com/2009/07/08/google-chrome-operating-system-os-expected-features/
- hypertext transfer protocol: //www.networkworld.com/news/2009/111909-best-and-worst-features-of-chrome-os-googlesubnet.html
- hypertext transfer protocol: //en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Chrome_OS
- hypertext transfer protocol: //sxhospital.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/google-chrome-os.jpg
Cite this Android Operating System
Android Operating System. (2017, Jul 17). Retrieved from https://graduateway.com/android-operating-system-essay/