Below are some of the major and minor characters in the novel.
* Simoun – Crisostomo Ibarra disguised as a wealthy jeweler, bent on starting a revolution to get revenge on the people who had accused him wrongly. Disguised as the top adviser of the Captain-General pakyu.
* Basilio – The eldest of Sisa’s two sons, now an aspiring doctor whose medical education was being financed by Capitan Tiago. He is now at the point of graduation during the events in the novel.
* Isagani – Poet and Basilio’s best friend; portrayed as emotional and reactive; Paulita Gomez’ boyfriend before being dumped for fellow student Juanito Pelaez
* Kabesang Tales – Telesforo Juan de Dios, a former cabeza de barangay(barangay head) of Sagpang, a barangay in San Diego’s neighboring town Tiani, who resurfaced as the feared Luzon bandit Matanglawin (Tagalog for “Hawkeye”);
* Don Custodio – Custodio de Salazar y Sanchez de Monteredondo, a famous “journalist” who was asked by the students about his decision for the Academia de Castellano.
In reality, he is quite an ordinary fellow who married a rich woman in order to be a member of Manila’s high society.
* Paulita Gomez – The girlfriend of Isagani and the niece of Dona Victorina, the old Indio who passes herself off as a Peninsular, who is the wife of the quack doctor Tiburcio de Espadana. In the end, she and Juanito Pelaez are wed, and she dumps Isagani, believing that she will have no future if she marries him.
* Macaraig – One of Isagani’s classmates at the University of Santo Tomas. He is a rich student and serves as the leader of the students yearning to build the Academia de Castellano.
* Father Florentino – Isagani’s godfather, and a secular priest; was engaged to be married, but chose to be a priest after being pressured by his mother, the story hinting at the ambivalence of his decision as he chooses an assignment to a remote place, living in.
Cite this The Alchemist Characters List Introduction
The Alchemist Characters List Introduction. (2018, Aug 06). Retrieved from https://graduateway.com/the-alchemist/