Assignment set 1
1 a. eBay is the World’s Online Marketplace ® , enabling trade on a local, national and international footing. With a diverse and passionate community of persons and little concerns, eBay offers an online platform where 1000000s of points are traded each twenty-four hours. Mention and explicate the assorted chances offered by ecommerce for concerns.
B. What are the advantages and disadvantages of eCommerce?
Autonomic nervous system:( a ) chances offered by ecommerce for concerns
1. Tourismand Travel Sector: This sector has updated its system with e- commercialism services.
Consumers can do on-line reserves of hotels, motels, air tickets, railroad tickets, etc.
2. BankingSector:Most Bankss have changed their on the job manner by doing their services available online through their several web sites.
3. HealthCare Sector:This sector is big and uses a major portion of authorities disbursals. So, most wellness attention companies communicate or exchange their services with each other.
4. StockSector:In the stock exchange sector, e-commerce services provide demit history installations for clients who can make an overall analysis of the position of the stock countries and do their several minutess.
5. Financial Sector: In India, the fiscal sector has adopted e-commerce services and the users make maximal usage of the same.
Advantages of eCommerce:
- Customers can utilize the market place at all times with the usage of e-commerce services.
- Customers are to the full satisfied and receive better service.
- No go-betweens: Customers can straight reach the providers and take all go-betweens.
- Using the e-commerce services, one can understand consumer behaviour, for illustration, websites, merchandises, strategies and manners of payment which are preferred by the client.
- Can salvage clip because they can buy anything through the merchandiser websites.
Disadvantages of eCommerce:
1.Peoples who have no cognition about electronic communicating like the Internet, and computing machines find it hard to transact electronically.
2. Small business communities do non desire to take any excess load because they have no cognition ofe-commercefunctions.
3. Some types of concerns are non fit fore-commerceservices.
4. Before implementinge-commerceservices in the concern, it is necessary to finish certain legal formalities like mandate and hallmark.
5. High hazard for Internet startup organisation.
6. Security jobs
7. Customer relation jobs
8. Data unity jobs
9. Customer satisfaction jobs
Q: 2 The TCP/IP mention theoretical account is the web theoretical account used in the current Internet architecture. This theoretical account is derived from the OSI theoretical account and they are comparatively same in nature. Explain the different features of Gateways in the TCP/IP mention theoretical account with a orderly diagram
B. Write short note on Hyper Text Markup Language ( HTML ) with illustration
Ands:( a ) Characteristics of Gatewaies
Gatewaies provide full protocol transition from one proprietary LAN engineering to another, i.e. Ethernet to token ring or FDDI or any other criterion or protocol instead than encapsulation
It uses higher beds of the OSI theoretical account, possibly through bed 7, the application bed. IBM SNA, DEC cyberspace, Internet TCP/IP and other protocols can be converted from network-to-network
Unlike Bridgess and routers, gateways operate easy because of protocol transition. Consequently, they may make constrictions of congestion during periods of peak use.
Default gateway consists of manually registering router IP addresses in the host. This method is simple ; and is the most often used. Note nevertheless, that if two or more routers are connected to the same subnet, the web decision maker must find which of these routers the message should be sent to. To work out this job, a message called ICMP redirect is available. Default gateway checks the finish host reference in the standard message. If it determines that the message should be sent via other router, it will direct back a redirect message that includes the IP reference of the selected router, to the beginning host. When the beginning host receives this message, it shops the finish host reference every bit good as the 2nd router reference so that it can direct messages addressed to this host via the 2nd router.
( B )Hypertext Markup Language.
- Hypertextis the method by which you move about on the web — by snaping on particular text calledhyperlinkswhich bring you to the following page. The fact that it ishypermerely means it is non additive — i.e. you can travel to any topographic point on the Internet whenever you want by snaping on links — there is no set order to make things in.
- Markupis whatHTML ticketsmake to the text inside them. They mark it as a certain type of text (italicizedtext, for illustration ) .
- Hypertext markup languageis aLanguage, as it has code-words and sentence structures like any other linguistic communication.
Examples:& lt ; html & gt ;
& lt ; caput & gt ; about writers & lt ; /head & gt ;
& lt ; title & gt ; First Page & lt ; /title & gt ;
& lt ; organic structure & gt ;
& lt ; h1 & gt ; Hello this my Home page!
& lt ; /body & gt ;
& lt ; /html & gt ;
Q: 3 Hanson web sites are built to work for your concern and are built on the construct of intelligent web site. An intelligent web site is more than merely a booklet on the web. It allows you to redact the web site yourself through a Content Management System ( CMS ) . What is the demand for an intelligent web site?
Autonomic nervous system:The demand of intelligent web site is to make the following coevals merchandises, services and models though the research application and survey of information engineering and unreal intelligence.
Following are the stairss companies follow to increase their information.
- Basic Web traffic analysis
- Customer interaction analysis
- Geting tofine-grainedsegmentation
- Traveling through the watercourses of chinks
- Enrich content with external informations
- Reaching optimum intelligence.
1. Basic Web traffic analysis:
In this measure it analyze the Web traffic this provides the information of records of entry & A ; the continuance of viewed, issue point into a web or pages & A ; the nexus they follow.
2.Customer interaction analysis:
This measure is used to roll up more information about the customer’s interactions with the web site. Registered users through this enrollment procedure, the site is able to acquire information related to both the demographics and penchant. This type of information is used to assist inform personalization engines to function the contents harmonizing to the visitor’s involvements.
Personalization is the ultimate realisation of the one-to-one selling dream. Four ways of personalization includes.
- Greetings: This is a more general manner of personalization. The client is greeted by name and welcomed back whenever he or she visits the site.
- Customization: It allows a client to orient the service he or she receives from an e-commerce site
- Recommendation: T was based merely on the penchants that a client would hold explicitly expressed during enrollment. Now, it can be done in existent clip and predicted automatically by the personalization engine utilizing different types of information such as ascertained real-time behaviour, purchase histories and expressed penchants.
- Customization: It allows a client to orient the service he or she receives from an e-commerce site.
4. Geting to powdered cleavage:
This measure besides uses unreal intelligence to carry on cognition find. That is, it can look for forms in big informations sets and place common elements.
5. Traveling through the watercourses of chinks:
Click-stream information is the recording of every page petition from every visitant by the web site proprietors. This information is stored into monolithic log files.
6. Enrich content with external informations:
Once a client performs a figure of purchases, the web site is able to farther heighten the customer’s profile. Demographic information from 3rd party suppliers may be added to the profile to supply a richer position of the client base.
7. Reaching optimum intelligence:
A company can make optimum intelligence once it is able to unite historical dealing records, observed behaviour via click-stream informations and penchants expressed in on-line studies.
Q: 4 when a information is sent across the web it is encrypted and arranged in a manner that even if there is a recreation in the flow of informations should non leak the information. At the response it is decrypted and existent information is obtained. Explain the different methods of encoding technique.
Autonomic nervous system: Encodingis a method by which plaintext can be converted into cypher text.
There are three types of cryptanalysis or methods of encoding:
•Secret key or private key or symmetric key cryptanalysis
•Public key or asymmetric key cryptanalysis
1. Secret key or symmetric key cryptanalysis
In this strategy, both the transmitter and the receiver possess the same key to code and decode the informations. Figure 8.1 shows how secret or private cardinal cryptanalysis plants.
Data Encryption Standard
Data Encryption Standard ( DES ) is an illustration of secret key cryptanalysis. It was developed by IBM. DES is block cipher-based strategy which encrypts a 64-bit information block utilizing a 56-bit key. The block is transformed in such a manner that it involves 16 loops.
Drawbacks of secret key cryptanalysis
•Both parties must hold upon a shared secret key.
•If there are n letter writers, you have to maintain path of n different secret keys. If the same key is used by more than one letter writer, the common cardinal holders can read each other’s mail.
•Symmetric encoding strategies are besides capable to genuineness jobs. Since both the transmitter and the receiver have the same secret key, the individuality of conceiver or receiver can non be proved. Both can code or decode the message.
2. Ternary Encoding
DES is considered insecure for assorted applications chiefly due to the 56-bit key size which is excessively little. Triple DES is considered as an improved version to get the better of many of the defects of DES. The ternary encoding engineering is based on DES and is sometimes referred as Triple DES or 3DES. The event follows an Encrypt-Decrypt-Encrypt ( EDE ) sequence. Decrypt sequence is merely the same encrypting operation with the keys reversed. It is based on the DES algorithm and can easy modify the bing package to utilize Triple DES. It has a longer cardinal length that helps in extinguishing many of the cutoff onslaughts used to cut down the sum of clip it takes to interrupt DES. Triple DES manner of operation takes three 64-bit keys for an overall cardinal length of 192 spots. In Private Key Encryption, the user can merely type in the complete 192-bit ( 24 character ) key instead than come ining each of the three keys separately. The process for encoding is precisely the same as regular DES, but it is repeated three times. The information is encrypted with the first key, decrypted with the 2nd key and eventually encrypted once more with the 3rd key
3. Public cardinal cryptanalysis
This strategy operates on a dual key, called brace key, one of which is used to code the message and the other is used to decode it. This can be viewed as two parts ; one portion of the cardinal brace, the private key, is known merely by the designated proprietor. The other portion, the public key, is published widely but is still associated with the proprietor of the private key.
Hash map is a expression that converts a message of a given length into a twine of figures called a message digest.
Q: 5 explain different sorts of electronic payments system in item.
Autonomic nervous system:Electronic payment system
An electronic payment system is an on-line concern procedure that enables fund transportation through an electronic medium such as personal computing machines and nomadic phones.
Types of Electronic Payment Systems ( EPS )
There are three chief classs of EPS.
1. Banking and Financial Payments
- Large-scaleor whole payment ( e.g. , bank-to-banktransaction )
- Small-scaleor retail payment ( e.g. , ATM )
- Home banking ( e.g. , measure payment )
2. Retail Payments
- Recognition cards ( VISA or Master cards )
- Private label credit/debit cards ( e.g. , JC Penny cards )
- Charges cards ( e.g. , American Express )
This class is once more divided into two types:
( I ) Electronictoken-basedpayment system
- Electronic hard currency ( e.g. , DigiCash )
- Electronic checks ( e.g. , NetCheque )
- Smart cards or debit cards ( e.g. , Mondexe-currencycards )
( two) Recognitioncard-basedpayment systems
- Encrypted recognition cards ( wwwform-basedencryption )
- Third-partyauthorization figure ( e.g. , First Virtual
Electronic cards:Electronic cards are designed to reflect yourbank, fiscal and retail payments.By holding one, it means that you decidedly do non necessitate to see your bank physically in order to entree your history. Largely cut out of difficult plastic stuff to do them lasting, the cards will hold a magnet trip that allows the machines to be able to derive entree to your bank history electronically. They will come in three major types, the debit card, the recognition card and the postpaid card. All that the seller has to make is to trade your card across the payment system where a message will be sent to your bank and instantly answer with a verification message. All this is done in a affair of seconds
On-line e-commerce Payments:This sort of payment system is easy on the rise. We can impute this to the addition of on-line shopping. Having an on-line history with either PayPal money booking agents and or any supplier allows you to be able to reassign financess more rapidly as there are no limitations and restrictions on what you can make with your electronic money. One can be able to entree their online histories through their phones and or computing machines. These histories are so simple to utilize.
Q: 6 we know that there are assorted cyberspace services which help us to do the usage of web expeditiously. Bing a regular user of the assorted services without likely, cognizing the proficient facets explain those services in inside informations with an illustration.
Autonomic nervous system: cyberspace servicesan organisation that provides an information service over the Internet. Examples are search engines, cloud storage services and application service suppliers.
Following services that are available on the Net:
•World Wide Web
•File Transfer Protocol
World Wide Web
World Wide Web is a system of interlinked hypertext paperss accessed via the Internet. E.g. World Wide Web. Ikea.com
E-mail is any method of digitally making, conveying or hive awaying human communicating that is chiefly textual. SMTP was foremost published as Internet Standard 10 ( RFC 821 ) in 1982. However, e-mail shortly became ‘network e-mail’ . By 1966, messages could be exchanged between different computing machines. The creative activity of ARPANET in 1969 made a really important part to the development of electronic mail and one study indicates experimental inter-system e-mail transportations. In 1971, Ray Tomlinson started the usage of the ‘ @ ’ mark which separates the user name from their machine name
E-mail system work.The theoretical account on which a modern e-mail system works is the store-and-forward theoretical account. Electronic mails could merely direct or have text messages composed in the ASCII character set. Example hotmail, yahoo etc.
File Transfer Protocol ( FTP ) :It is a web protocol used to reassign informations from one computing machine to another through a web such as the Internet. Special FTP package is required to link to an FTP site and download and upload files. Both commercial and free FTP package plans are available. The undermentioned information is required to link to an FTP site:
1. ‘Server address’ or ‘hostname’ : The web reference of the computing machine you want to link to ; for illustration, FTP.MYFTPSITE.COM.
2. Username and watchword: These are the certificates you use to entree the specific files on the computing machine you wish to link to.
Telnet: It is a web protocol used on the Internet or in LAN connexions, it was developed in 1969, engineering with which a user can acquire entree to a bid line interface on a distant machine. telnet Castor
Connected to castor.ucs.ed.ac.uk.
Escape character is ‘^ ] ‘ .
SunOS UNIX ( Castor )
Web Chat:Web chat allows users to pass on with one another in existent clip through Web interfaces. A Web browser is the lone demand to be able to chew the fat on the Web.
HTML pages came with their disadvantages as good, the chief one being their interactivity. Every HTML message required a signifier to be submitted and a page to be loaded. There were holds in having messages and page spark because of frequent page reloads. As a consequence, the usage of HTML chat sites reduced. Java applet engineering was introduced in 1995, Advanced web and graphical capablenesss. But Java excessively had its ain problems–long initial page burden clip
Newer engineerings have been in usage since 2005, Ajax and Flash
Online Se s a generic term that describes any company, organisation or group that provides an on-line service. These types of services may include Web sites, treatment forums, confab suites, or Web mail. OSPs may besides mention to a company that provides dial-up entree to the Internet service illustration C
Online service: Online services provide an substructure in which endorsers can pass on with one another, either by interchanging e-mail messages or by take parting in on-line conferences ( forums ) . In add-on, the service can link users with an about limitless figure of third-party information suppliers. Subscribers can acquire up-to-date stock quotation marks, intelligence narratives hot off the wire, articles from many magazines and diaries, in fact, about any information that has been put in electronic signifier. Of class, accessing all this information carries a monetary value.
A type of communications service that enables you to make a sort of private confabs room with another person in order to pass on in existent clip over the Internet
Cite this E-Commerce – eBay
E-Commerce – eBay. (2017, Jul 14). Retrieved from https://graduateway.com/e-commerce-ebay-essay/