1. Passed away instead of died
2. Pregnancy termination instead of abortion
3. On the streets instead of homeless
4. Adult entertainment instead of pornography
5. Au natural instead of naked
6. Comfort woman instead of prostitute
7. Sanitation engineer instead of garbage man
8. Domestic engineer instead of maid
9. Batting for the other side instead of homosexual
10. Blow chunks instead of vomited
1. Agonal – Term to signify a major, negative change in a patient’s condition 2. BP – Medical shorthand for blood pressure
3. FX – Medical jargon meaning bone fracture
4. JT – A joint
5. NPO – A patient should not take anything by mouth
6. IM – Intramuscular
7. K – The elemental symbol for potassium
8. Bang for the buck – A term that means, to get the most for your money 9. Due diligence – Putting effort into research before making a business decision 10. Sweat equity – Getting a stake in the business instead of pay
1. negative patient care outcome: the patient died
2. mental activity at the margins: insanity
3. reutilization marketing yard: junkyard
4. domestic helper: maid
5. family aide: driver
6. standard operational procedure; basic rules and directions 7. management consultancy: analysts
8. Teachers :educators
9. Pointers: points to ponder
10. price integrity coordinator: sales clerk
1. It is a tricky problem to find the particular calibration in timing that would be appropriate to stem the acceleration in risk premiums created by falling incomes without prematurely aborting the decline in the inflation-generated risk premiums.
2. Such preparations shall be made as will completely obscure all Federal and non-Federal buildings occupied by the Federal Government during an air raid for any period of time from visibility by reason of internal or external illumination. Such obscuration may be obtained either by black-out construction or by termination of the illumination.
3. All transactions effected pursuant to this instrument shall be effected for the account and risk and in the name of the undersigned; and the undersigned hereby agrees to indemnify and hold you harmless from, and to pay you promptly on demand, any and all losses arising there from or any debit balance due thereon. 4. I would very much like to use this opportunity to reach out to my fans and ignite the fire in them to strive towards a better planet.” Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar, who owns more than 40 cars, celebrates Earth Hour.
5. “Julia Gillard should consider falling on her sword for the good of the Labor Party, because she can no longer present an even slightly credible face at the election.” Fairfax’s Michelle Grattan.
6. “Every time the Greens party has been in a position of running something, of actually being able to exercise political power, they’ve been found wanting.” Labor’s Anthony Albanese.
7. “There’s something sick which needs to be healed.” Kevin Rudd yet again slams factional influence over Labor.
8. “I can understand concern amongst my colleagues, indeed, to a person,
where in my cabinet, in my ministry, in my caucus, people are concerned about jobs.” You bet they are, Julia Gillard.
9. “We will unleash bloody vengeance on all of those who brought this vampire back to life.” A Labor source speaks to the ABC about Kevin Rudd’s revived leadership ambitions.
10. “Gingerella, come get your shoe!” A protester shouts at Prime Minister Julia Gillard during her rush from the scene.