“In this experiment we want to investigate . We will change constant” the prediction and measure the while keeping the “We predict that the straws would take in all the impact force, it’s because the straws has many collapsing points. This would help sustain in the eggs inside.
- Plastic tape
- Duct tape
- Yarn strings
- 2 Eggs
- Dig two small holes in the sponge to put the eggs.
- Put an egg in each hole and then the sponges left to make the hole on top of the egg.
- Duct tape the hole to seal the eggs.
- Tape the straws in each vertical and horizontal sides of the sponge.
- The tape the others straws to the straws attached to the vertical and horizontal sides of the sponge and (TRY TO BE CREATIVE) make any kind of shape with the straws outside the sponge.
- Lastly, the finishing touches is to tie a 2 inch yarn string in each vortex of the straws so that the straws will hold out the force of impact when it falls.
- To check if the eggs are completely seal with duct tape and straws is strong enough to hold the impact when it falls down.
Our first model was Just two sponges keeping the eggs safe but many students did that idea and so the Mr.. Felix will deduct our points. Then we change to one sponge and straws creating a dome shape around the sponge to keep the egg safe. At the day before the real fall we tested it out in school on Sunday and it worked.
On he real fall we broke our egg because we used the two eggs for our first model and second model so it broke on its third time of the fall. We were given a chance, so our second real fall with two new eggs were successful. So the conclusion is don’t use eggs which were already used in a fall and the straws creating a dome shape outside and around the sponge helps take the impact or force when it falls down instead of the sponge keeping the two eggs safe. The side story of this “Egg drop Project” is so touching because we found about ACH other more.
Like we both like to bake cookies and we did when we finished our egg drop model. We played piano together but more like one piano and two people. We played the song “Requiem for a Dream” and we played it like boss, well, only in the beginning and the finale except the middle part of the song is such a fail but we had a great time together and we deepened our bonds of relationship, I mean our friendship. We ate dinner and lunch together too because of this project.