I have decided to do a SWOT analysis of Ralph’s supermarket. It’s a well-known supermarket with a major chain in the Southern California area and the largest subsidiary of Cincinnati-based Kroger. It is the oldest such chain west of the Mississippi River. Ralphs also operates stores under the Food 4 Less and Foods Co. names in California. To be more precise the SWOT analysis of Ralph’s that I did work on is located at 3410 W 3rd St, Los Angeles.
I personally like Ralph’s because it’s convenient(I can do all the shopping in one place, they have everything I need in there), there is one close to my house and the prices are reasonable comparing to other supermarkets like Vons, Albertson’s, etc. So to gain more understanding about this supermarket and how this business works it’s much useful to review the business strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats and to help me get a better results I used some resources like Google and Yelp as primary resource and also my own opinion as secondly resource.
- Brand recognition, ralphs represent a strong brand with considerable awareness among consumers around America They have a wide diversity on their products, fresh fruits and vegetables. The benefits of Ralphs grocery includes ralphs card saving. Almost every week they have items sale in excellent price which in my opinion gets people excited to come more often.
- Hours: the supermarket is opened 24/7 which people don’t have to worry about and gives people the opportunity to shop at any time. Specially for people that have busy schedule and don’t have the time to shop at certain times, they could just do it when they are available Weaknesses
- The workers: it is always hard to find a staff member to help out if you have a doubt they are nowhere to be seen. The people that work at the cashier are not friendly and the bagger most of the time have no idea on how to pack the items instead they just throw everything.
- Parking: there is no coordination at the parking lot; outsiders park for under terminated
- Parking: there is no coordination at the parking lot; outsiders park for under terminated hours. There are also people of all kinds of people asking for money at the parking lot and it’s important to not leave your car unlocked up and with the windows rolled up because of that.