This unit introduces pupils to the historical and literary survey of the Bible as spiritual literature. Students will go acquainted with the assorted methodological tools used in the academic survey of the Bible and analyze a assortment of texts utilizing these attacks. Through this unit. pupils will have the land work for farther survey in both the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament at degrees I and H.
The unit comprises 10 one-hour Sessions . Each session will follow one of two forms and you will non cognize beforehand which of these forms will be looking each hebdomad.
At the nucleus of the unit are set readings from a text edition which are to be undertaken after the relevant category. Pattern will affect that stuff being taken up once more at the following category in a trial . the consequences of which will be discussed before traveling on to presenting the stuff for the undermentioned hebdomad .
Pattern nevertheless will affect the replacing of trial and treatment with a mini-lecture on a important subject in the Bible ( 30 mins ) .
Followed by the stuff for the undermentioned hebdomad. Each form will happen four times during the unit. The scrutiny will include inquiries which reflect each form.
In category so we shall work together. including inquiries and exercising to look into your apprehension of the written stuff and to present important subdivisions of the scriptural stuff.
- To present the Bible as spiritual literature and as a beginning for the survey of the history of Israel. the life and decease of Jesus and the development of the early church.
- To analyze a figure of historical and theological subjects and their development within these texts.
- To supply an debut to the methodological tools used in Biblical Studies.
- To supply preparation in the accomplishments of measuring. showing. analyzing and measuring complex thoughts and statements.
On completion of the unit pupils will be expected to hold acquired:
- an ability to place the literary features of the scriptural texts.
- an ability to recognize and critically assess historical and theological subjects in the history of Israel. the ministry of Jesus and the life of the early church.
- an ability to critically measure the historical value of the Bible for the survey of Israel. Jesus. and the early church.
- an ability to use two or more critical tools used in Biblical Studies.
- accomplishments through assessed essays or scrutiny in showing. analyzing and measuring complex thoughts and statements.
- Set text: Steve Moyise. Introduction to Biblical Studies ( Second Edition ; London: T & A ; T Clark International. 2004 ) .
- J. Barton. Reading the Old Testament ( Rev. erectile dysfunction. ; London: SPCK. 1996 ) . C. B. Cousar. The Letters of Paul ( Nashville: 1996 ) .
- M. G. Reddish. An Introduction to the Gospels ( Abingdon: 1997 ) .
- J. K. Riches. The Bible: A Very Short Introduction ( Oxford: 2000 ) .
- J. W.Rogerson. Get downing Old Testament Study ( London: SPCK. 1998 ) .
- J. W. Rogerson. An Introduction to the Bible ( London: 2000 ) .
- J. W. Rogerson. and P. R. Davies. The Old Testament World ( Cambridge: 1989 ) .
- R. J. Coggins. Introducing the Old Testament ( Oxford: OUP. 2001 ) .
- J. M. Court. The New Testament World ( Cambridge: 1990 ) .
- P. J. Achtemeier. et Al. Introducing the New Testament: Its Literature and Anthropology ( Grand Rapids. Myocardial infarction: 2001 ) .
- R. E. Brown. An Introduction to the New Testament ( New York: Doubleday. 1996 ) .
- D. Burkett. An Introduction to the New Testament and the Origins of Christianity ( Cambridge: 2002 ) .
- J. Barton. and J. Muddiman ( explosive detection systems ) . The Oxford Bible Commentary ( Oxford: 2001 ) .
- R. E. Brown. et Al ( explosive detection systems ) . The New Jerome Biblical Commentary ( London: 1989 ) . D. A. Carson. et Al ( explosive detection systems ) . New Bible Commentary ( 4th erectile dysfunction. ; Leicester: 1994 ) .
- D. N. Freedman ( ed. ) . Anchor Bible Dictionary ( Vol. 1-6 ; New York: 1992 ) .
- D. N. Freedman. et Al ( explosive detection systems ) . Eerdmans Dictionary of the Bible ( Grand Rapids: MI. : 2000 ) .
- C. A. Newsom. and S. H. Ringe ( explosive detection systems ) . Women’s Bible Commentary ( Expanded ed. ; Louisville. KY: 1998 ) .
- K. D. Sakenfeld. The New Interpreter’s Dictionary of the Bible ( 5 vols ; Nashville. Tennessee: Abingdon Press. c2006-2009 ) .
- J. H. Charlesworth. Old Testament Pseudepigrapha ( 2 Vols ; New York: Doubleday. 1983-85 ) .
- F. Garcia Martinez. The Dead Sea Scrolls Translated ( 2nd Edn ; Leiden: Brill. 1996 ) .
- J. B. Pritchard. Ancient Near Eastern Texts associating to the Old Testament ( Princeton. N. J. : Princeton University Press. 1950 ) .
- J. M. Robinson. The Nag Hamadi Library in English ( 3rd Edn ; Leiden: Brill. 1988 ) .
- W. Schneemelcher. New Testament Apocrypha ( 2 Vols ; Rev. erectile dysfunction. ; Cambridge: James Clarke. 1991-92 ) .
Cite this The Bible and Theology Sample
The Bible and Theology Sample. (2018, Jun 19). Retrieved from https://graduateway.com/the-bible-and-theology-essay-sample/