1. What are the jobs confronting Jason Mah and the Cafe D. Pownd?
There are several jobs confronting Jason Mah and Cafe D Pownd.
One serious job. which arose from deficiency of infinite. was the confusion edifice in the waiting lines since people had no thought which line they were in. There were times when people had been run alonging up in the synergistic cookery line for several proceedingss when they really wanted to be in the pre-cooked line. Another job was the long lines tended to make a wall of people in forepart of the soft drink machines.
going onerous even with every bit few as 20 people waiting for service. In order for people to acquire drinks. they had to thrust ahead through a line of people. Normally this confusion caused spills and was raging for people waiting in line and the people seeking to acquire to the sodium carbonate machine. There was besides the issue that the clients might utilize other alternate options for repasts if the long delay clip was non resolved at Cafe D Pownd. The occupants had other options for repasts. Suites in Cambridge Hall and Nottingham Hall were equipped with equipped kitchens. and occupants could besides order a broad assortment of nutrient for bringing to the abode from local eating houses utilizing their abode repast programs.
2. What are Mah’s restraints?
Mah’s major restraint is the deficiency of infinite that the cafeteria has. The general layout of the functioning country was non appropriate since a batch of things were forced into a little country. Besides the hapless layout. Mah faced the job of happening a manner to suit a big figure of people in a little are. Another restraint that Mah had was the fact that cafeteria was really inefficient during the peak period between 5-6:30 autopsy. Approximately 366. 66 occupants were expected to be served during this short window. Out of 550 pupils. two tierces showed up to the cafeteria during the peak period. Another major bottleneck for Mah is. he hoped to decide the state of affairs without any major investings or expenses.
3. Construct a process-flow diagram for the Cafe D. Pownd.
4. Use Microsoft Excel to build frequence histograms for the client interarrival times. precooked nutrient service times. synergistic service times. and cashier service times. For client interarrival times. usage category bounds of 0. 00. 0. 15. 0. 30. 0. 45. 0. 60. 0. 75. 0. 90. 1. 05. and 1. 20. For precooked nutrient service times. usage category bounds of 0. 00. 0. 50. 1. 00. 1. 50. 2. 00. 2. 50. 3. 00. 3. 50. 4. 00. 4. 50. and 5. 00. For synergistic service times use category bounds of 4. 5. 6. 7. and 8. For cashier service times. usage category bounds of 0. 00. 0. 50. 1. 00. 1. 50. 2. 00. 2. 50. and 3. 00. Find the mean and standard divergence of these histograms. What kind of distributions do these random variables appear to hold? ( Hint: compare them to the exponential. uniform. and normal chance distributions. )
*Frequency histograms can be found on the affiliated page.
Mean:Customer interarrival time- 0. 26Precooked nutrient service time- 1. 03Synergistic service time-5. 98Cashier service time- 0. 40
Standard Deviation:Customer interarrival time- 0. 24Precooked nutrient service time- 1. 20Synergistic service time- 1. 08Cashier service time- 0. 54
5. Would you have collected informations otherwise than Jason Mah?
Yes. I would hold collected informations otherwise than Jason Mah. I would hold timed each client from the clip they walked into the cafeteria to the clip they finished paying at the teller. I would besides take a sample from the full twenty-four hours alternatively of merely the peak times. to more accurately picture the delay clip for service throughout the twenty-four hours. Merely clocking the peak hours may be bias. since that would merely demo the busiest clip at Cafe D Pownd.
6. What is the arrival rate of clients wanting ( made-to-stock ) pre-cooked nutrient?
Precooked service line attracted twice every bit many pupils as the synergistic line. Out of 35 pupils. 26. 25 pupils went to pre-cooked or synergistic line. Since. twice as many pupils went to the pre-cooked like. out of 35 pupils. 17. 5 pupils went to the pre-cooked line.
35 pupils ten 25 % ego service = 8. 75 ( self service/directly to cashier ) 35-8. 75= 26. 25 ( pre-cooked or synergistic line )26. 25/3= 8. 758. 75?2 ( twice every bit many pupils went to the pre-cooked line ) =17. 5 ( pre-cooked line )
Sum of all reachings = 8. 95 proceedingss8. 95?25 % = 2. 24 proceedingss for all self service reachings8. 95-2. 24= 6. 71 proceedingss for all synergistic and pre-cooked reachings 6. 71/3=2. 24?2=4. 47 proceedingss for all clients wanting pre-cooked nutrient 8. 95/35 = 0. 26 seconds
The arrival rate of clients wanting pre-cooked nutrient is every 0. 26 seconds
7. What is the arrival rate of clients wanting ( made-to-order ) interactive nutrient?
The arrival rate of clients wanting synergistic nutrient is 8. 75 clients.
Sum of all reachings = 8. 95 proceedingss8. 95?25 % =2. 24 ( proceedingss for all self service reaching )8. 95-2. 24= 6. 71 ( proceedingss for all synergistic and pre-cooked reachings ) 6. 71/3=2. 24 ( proceedingss for all clients wanting synergistic nutrient ) 8. 95/8. 75= 1. 02
The reaching rate for clients wanting synergistic nutrient is every 1. 02 proceedingss.
8. What is the combined service rate of the two pre-cooked nutrient waiters?
The combined service rate of the two pre-cooked nutrient waiters is 1. 03 proceedingss. This is the norm of the 35 samples taken.
36. 21/35= 1. 03 proceedingss
9. What is the combined service rate of the two synergistic nutrient waiters?
The combined service rate of the two synergistic nutrient waiters is 5. 98 proceedingss. This is besides derived from the 35 samples presented and is the mean of the synergistic service times.
209. 23/35=5. 98 proceedingss
10. Given the arrival rate of clients wanting pre-cooked nutrient and the combined service rate of the two pre-cooked nutrient waiters. what is the expected client waiting clip in line?
The expected waiting clip in line for clients wanting pre-cooked nutrient is 37 seconds.
1. 03 proceedingss = 63 seconds ( service rate for pre-cooked repasts ) Arrival rate for clients wanting pre-cooked repasts is every 26 seconds.
63 seconds-26 seconds=37 2nd delaies
11. Given the arrival rate of clients wanting synergistic nutrient and the combined service rate of the two synergistic nutrient waiters. what is the expected client waiting clip in line?
The expected waiting clip in line for clients wanting synergistic nutrient is 4. 96 proceedingss.
The reaching rate for clients wanting synergistic nutrient is every 1. 02 proceedingss The service rate of the two synergistic nutrient waiters is 5. 98 proceedingss
5. 98-1. 02=4. 96 minute delay
12. If you were Jason Mah. what class of action would you take in order to decide the jobs confronting the Cafe ? What sort of analysis would you transport out?
If I were Jason Mah I would engage two portion clip synergistic nutrient waiters to cut the waiting clip in line for clients wanting synergistic nutrient. It seems as though clients are acquiring tired of waiting close to 6 proceedingss in line to be served and they are believing of seeking other options for repasts. The portion clip employees would work during the peak times to relieve the two full clip synergistic nutrient server’s work load. This would assist cut down the service clip and the delay. as a consequence making a better client experience. I would besides guarantee that the work country for the two pre-cooked waiters is big plenty for them to run expeditiously since there were ailments that they operated in such close propinquity. They served at the same time and it is of import that they do non decelerate each other down. Looking at the Cafe D. Pownd Layout we can see that the pre-cooked station is non placed in the most effectual country. The chart attached to this paper will show a more effectual layout with more work country for the waiters. I would besides post a description of the repasts served at the pre-cooked line in order for clients to be good informed on the repasts prior to making the waiters.
From observations. Jason noticed that about 20 to 30 seconds of the service clip was due to client inquiring information about the repasts offered. To assist extinguish the waiting line construct up and rush up the waiters I would post a description of the repasts served at the pre-cooked line in order for clients to be good informed on the repasts served prior to making the waiters.
If I were Jason Mah I would analyse how the job with weighing salads and confect could be fixed. There was a line construct up at the hard currency registry because of the tellers disbursement clip to weigh salads and confect. I would besides analyse what can be done about some of the pricing that was non programmed into the hard currency registry. which once more slowed down the payment line.
13. What recommendations do you hold for Mah?
I would urge for Mah to realine the layout of Cafe D Pownd. The 2nd recommendation I would do is to do certain that the waiters have adequate infinite to work expeditiously since they can decelerate each other down if they are working in a constricted infinite. Although I am cognizant that the constitution is little in size. at that place seems to be room for betterment with the general layout of the Stationss. The sodium carbonate machine and the pre-cooked station have to be moved. The altered layout of Cafe D Pownd is attached to the paper. Posting a description of the repasts served would enormously rush up the pre-cooked line and largely extinguish the 20 to 30 seconds that is wasted on supplying clients information about the repasts. I would besides pre bundle the salads and candied with weight and pricing to rush up the payment line. Alongside. I would besides plan the pricing for day-to-day specials and other points that were non recorded in the database to extinguish the clip pass looking for the monetary value of those points.
Cite this Cafe D. Pownd Sample
Cafe D. Pownd Sample. (2017, Jul 19). Retrieved from https://graduateway.com/cafe-d-pownd-essay-sample-1156/