Specific purpose: To inform my audience about my culture and life as a working student. Thesis Statement:
For years, college students have been told that their college years would be the “time of their lives”, what people don’t tell us, is what makes it the time of our life. According to a National Retail Federation survey conducted in 2009, “Nearly 49.1 percent of college students will be living at home this year, meaning that just over half of you are living on your own, without the support of your parents.
1. Even though more than half of the college students in America will be living at home, most of them will be supporting themselves financially. a. Supporting yourself financially might not mean paying rent, but most of the time it means paying tuition, paying for books, food, clothes, gas, car payments, and car insurance.
2. The students that don’t live at home have even more financial responsibilities than the rest, most of which people are completely unaware of.
I have been in college for a little over a year, and have lived on my own for most lived on my own for most of that time.
Days of Your Life 2
D.Today I would like to share with you three major things that make up my life as a working college student.
1. The first major attribute is the number of unpaid hours that I spend in class, and also doing homework and studying.
2. Second is the amount of time I spend at my first job, a salesperson at Best Buy.
3. The third and final point of my speech will explain my job working at my church, and what goes along with… [continues]
Read full essay
Cite This Essay
(2010, 10). Speech Outline- Life of a Working College Student. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 10, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Speech-Outline-Life-Of-a-Working-439493.html
StudyMode.com is the web’s
leading learning tool.
We inspire millions of students
every day with over 1,400,000
model essays and papers, AP notes
and book notes.
Problems of the Working College Student
…Problems of the Working College Student I work thrity-five hours a week at a warehouse in… 4 PagesApril 2012
The Life of a Pregnant College Student
…The Life Of a Pregnant College Student A college student’s life is very rewarding and… 2 PagesNovember 2011
Life Is Frustrating for a College Student Because..
…Life in the college world College seems to make life more difficult. In high school we… 2 PagesSeptember 2009
The Rigors of the College Student Athlete
…Basic Comp Dr. Finley College is an experience that I feel everyone should have a chance,… 7 PagesFebruary 2011
Persuasive Speech Outline
…Persuasive Speech Outline M. Stevenson Saddleback Community College Speech – Instructor Smith… 3 PagesDecember 2011
Cite this My Culture and Life as a Working Student Essay
My Culture and Life as a Working Student Essay. (2016, Nov 07). Retrieved from https://graduateway.com/my-culture-and-life-as-a-working-student