- The act was rushed to be signed Into law on the same day, but shortly repealed by state law makers, who want to stress UN laws for the mental ill and criminals.
- Peer reviewed academic Journal article Domenici, Benjamin. “The Truth About Mass Shootings and Gun Control: Crime and killings have fallen as gun ownership has Increased,” Commentary 135. 2 (2013): 25+.
- Opposing Viewpoints In Context. Web. 18 Par. 2013.
It demonstrates gun control by portraying how once tragic incidents happen, the first instinct of people is to automatically invest in a gun, which in turn results in a reduced crime rate because the Second Amendment protects citizens from the limitations of gun ownership put in place by government. More citizens with guns dead to less violence. Americans fear if gun purchases were limited to the public, they would be defenseless. Properly examined Americans should be armed for their own safety and the mass media should tone down their way of revealing tragedies to the public. . Book published after 2000 Longer, Norman L. “Gun Laws: What a Maze!. ” Big Bang: The Loud Debate Over Gun Control. 54. N. P. : Learner Publishing Group, 2002. Points of View Reference Center. Web. 18 Par. 2013. The book publish relates to the gun control due to controversies regarding differentiation of laws involved with guns in different states across the country. The United States has more than 20,000 laws and ordinances for guns, but depending where one travels not all the rights to carry or possess a gun are the same across sate lines.
There are discussions on the restrictions to purchase a gun, the debate of including background checks to requirements to buy, with child safety in mind and the protection of the consumer regarding if the gun is lost or stolen.
- Popular Magazine Article Context. Web. 18 Par. 2013. This magazine article discusses gun owner condone tougher gun controls for the purpose of safety for gun operations so they know the proper procedures to take hen using and concealing a weapon safely without injuring others.
- The laws are stated as ” Common-sense gun-safety laws. “
Editorial “The forces arrayed against gun controls. ” Globe & Mail [Toronto, Canada] 3 May 1991: AAA. Opposing Viewpoints In Context. Web. 18 Par. 2013. The editorial defines the proposal of the Brady Bill, which would allow for a seven day grace period for anyone selling a handgun to wait for the information of the purchaser to be reviewed by the local law enforcement to distinguish if they have a criminal history putting them at risk to possess a gun.