- What was the purpose of the essay? In your response, explore the deeper meaning of this question. The goal is not just to complete the assignment but instead to convey a message. What do you plan to accomplish with this essay? What do you hope the reader takes away from this argument? This essays purpose is to education people about gun regulations without favoring one side over the other. By using facts and not flat out saying what your stance is, I hope to persuade the reader to not listen to the media and make their own options.
- What did you learn from completing this assignment? Did you experience a new understanding of the topic? Did you change your perspective after completing the research? The most interesting thing I found was gunfacts. info. That cites contained numerous facts about crime and how different actions used by Government played out. I always figured the UK would have a lower amount of gun violence with its strict regulations, but if fact it only made things worse.
- What difficulties did you encounter during the research, writing, or editing phases of the assignment? I found it hard to remain neutral and not favor my true option. While I’m sure it easy to figure out, I do see where the other side is coming from. I just don’t think they realize what their idea of “fixing” the problem would cause.
- What did you enjoy about this assignment? I’ve always enjoyed a good argument. While writing this paper I constantly went back and forth with my wife on what we thought should be implemented. We still disagree on magazine sizes.
- What made you decide to write about this particular topic? Is this a topic that you are discussing in another course? Is this a topic that concerns you in particular? I know that the Government won’t take away my M-16 until my Military service is complete. I carry a concealed handgun anytime I go out. I could care less what happens to me, but if anyone try’s to hurt my wife they won’t like the outcome.
- Is there anything else you would like for me to know before reading your essay? Fact: Every day 550 rapes, 1,100 murders, and 5,200 other violent crimes are prevented just by showing a gun. In less than 0. 9% of these instances the gun ever actually fired. (Smith) Fact: Guns prevent an estimated 2. 5 million crimes a year or 6,849 every day. Often the gun is never fired and no blood (including the criminal’s) is shed. (Smith) Name Professor Amy Decker English 102 January 20, 2013.
Rogerian Argument – Gun Control Argumentative Essay
The purpose of this essay is to educate readers about gun regulations without taking a biased stance. The author hopes to persuade readers to make their own opinions based on the presented facts and not just rely on the media’s portrayal. During the research, the author found Gunfacts.info to be an interesting source of information. The author also struggled to remain neutral and not favor their own opinion. The topic was chosen because it is a personal concern for the author, who carries a concealed handgun. The essay includes facts about how guns prevent crimes, and the author hopes the reader takes away the importance of being informed about gun regulations.
Cite this page
Rogerian Argument – Gun Control Argumentative Essay. (2016, Aug 06). Retrieved from