3. An orthopedic group practice has decided to develop a pediatric sports medicine program. Identify potential target markets for this new service.
At the core of the marketing program is the target market, the group of customers whom the organization wishes to attract (Berkowitz, 2011). Potential target markets for a pediatric sports medicine program may be local schools and recreational parks with athletic programs. Many kids participate in sports at their school and/or neighborhood park so the orthopedic group should definitely target its pediatric sports medicine program marketing within these targets.
4. In developing the new pediatric sports medicine program (described above in question 3), what are some of the uncontrollable environmental factors to consider?
Some uncontrollable environment factors to consider in this market would be Economic factors, Social factors, and competitive forces.
5. A major concern for many health care professionals is the belief that marketing “creates” needs. Explain the complexity of this issue.
7. Explain the difference between existing customers, target markets, and stakeholders for an acute-care community hospital.
Existing customers would be the individuals/patients already using the facility. Target market is the group of customers whom the organization wishes to attract. Stakeholders are any group with which the firm has and/or
wants to develop a relationship with (patients, board of directors, suppliers, physicians, employers).
2. Children’s Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts, has long been considered an outstanding medical center specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of pediatric problems. This facility is linked academically to the Harvard University Medical School. Conduct a brief SWOT analysis for Children’s Hospital in light of the present health care environment.
A SWOT analysis is vital for any organization because it’s a way of breaking down the organizations strengths and weaknesses including both internal and external environmental factors. A potential internal environmental factor may be being linked to Harvard University and any issues or trend changes with the University could possibly affect the hospital. A potential external environmental factor could include economic, social, an even competitive forces. Luckily according to our textbook, “in the Boston metropolitan area, Children’s Hospital has been recognized as a leader in pediatric care. Although other competitors also provide pediatric service, the differential advantage rests with Children’s Hospital and it’s narrow market focus” (Berkowitz, 2011).
3. Describe the possible barriers to entry and exit for: (a) a physician wanting to establish a solo practice office in internal medicine, (b) a company offering a health club facility in the same building where employees work, and (c) a tertiary hospital developing a coronary bypass program.
▪ System integration
▪ Certificate of Need
5. Retin-A is a topical ointment originally developed for the treatment of severe cases of acne and related skin disorders. An observed side benefit resulting from use of this product is its beneficial effect on aging skin. If the manufacturer of this product decided to pursue the latter market, what type of a growth strategy would it be pursuing?
2. What environmental factors would you suggest account for: (a) in-company clinics that deal with employee medical problems, such as the one established by Toyota, and (b) the success of after-hours clinics and urgent care facilities in many metropolitan areas?
3. Assume you were hired to design a MCO plan targeted to baby boomers in San Antonio, Texas, a city with a large Hispanic population. How would you make this service offering unique to respond to the major trends discussed within this chapter?
5. A primary care medical group has a list of patients who had once used the group on a regular basis as their primary source of care. However, in scanning their records, these patients had not been in for an appointment in the past 2 years. The senior partner wants to send them an informational flyer about the practice and a refrigerator magnet that has the group’s telephone number and after hour’s service number. As the marketing director for the practice, evaluate this approach in light of the HIPAA regulations. Can it be implemented?
Cite this Healthcare marketing
Healthcare marketing. (2016, Jul 14). Retrieved from https://graduateway.com/healthcare-marketing/