How to live a Long Life
As technology and medicine evolve over time, the life expectancy in most countries is increasing. Here are a few additional ways of increasing the odds that you’ll make it to that ripe old age of 85 and beyond.
1. Eat healthy. Some health professionals will state that eating healthy is more important to your body than getting regular exercise. Indulge only when necessary and have a well-balanced diet. Read and understand “Nutrition Facts”.
2. Introduce regular exercise into your life.
While most people lead quite busy lives, the benefits of exercise usually present themselves in all areas of your life. Gradually introducing exercise will lead to longer patterns of fitness rather than adopting a harsh workout regime each New Year’s.
3. Develop a sleep schedule. It’s not as important to get a certain number of hours of sleep, so much as it is to get the same amount of sleep, at the same time, day in and day out.
Sleep gives your body a chance to heal and regenerate; having a stable sleeping routine will help your body take care of itself more easily. If you do not carry out successful sleep cycles over an extended period of time (48+ hours) you can seriously affect your physical and mental health.
4. Drink plenty of water. This universal solvent is a most effective weapon against toxins and many other violators. It flushes out your system like nothing else does (see related wikiHows).
5. Think first. This step includes looking both ways before you cross the street, as children are taught but many adults take it for granted, and wear protective gear when necessary. Whether you’re while riding a bike or skateboard, working on a construction site, or handling potentially harmful substances. While the human skull is quite thick and sturdy, severe head trauma can result from the brain being jostled around inside the skull from an impact, potentially resulting in permanent brain damage or even death.
Cite this How to Live a Long Life
How to Live a Long Life. (2018, Aug 28). Retrieved from https://graduateway.com/how-to-live-a-long-life/