Applied Leadership Analysis
and Personal Action Plan
Part 1: Essay on Applied Leadership Analysis
Leadership is one of the most common practice that is found and applied on the different organizations around the world. The need for governance has mainly increased the pressure on institutions specializing in educating aspiring leaders with the needed skills that they are expected to have when they are already working on their own fields of interest. In this regard a personal-based analysis shall be conducted by the author realizing on how far he has already gone concerning the developmental processes he took to be able to become the kind of leader that he is right now.
Through the utilization of the SWOT analysis, the author of this analysis shall conduct an evaluation of himself with regards the characteristics he has towards his leadership career and the way he deals with his given responsibilities as well. The application of the SWOT analysis based evaluation shall present the actual progress that the author has been making on his own pace of development.
The leadership assessment tests taken by the author include the 360-degree visionary leader, the Myers-Briggs Type Indicators and the Self Awareness test. These examinations show the capability of the author to perform his duties as a leader. Based from the said results of the exams, the SWOT analysis shall be performed within the section that follows.
THE SWOT Analysis
The SWOT Analysis is designed to evaluate the capability of an individual or of an organization to provide its clients or the people that a particular individual aims to serve. The SWOT analysis includes Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats.
· As a leader, the author is able to encourage his team in performing well with his or his own tasks in the workplace.
· The integrity that he has towards his own performance has led him to creating possibilities for his team members to reach the standards that he himself has personally set as basis of an excellent performance.
· His ability to understand the situation of each individual having their own limitations and strengths as people have led him to becoming the ideal leader that he opts to become.
· The author’s willingness to move ahead of what is actually expected of him for the first time of his work application has made him a remarkable worker who is living a fine reputation not only for himself as a worker but as well as for his team and their whole organization.
The strengths of the author mainly focus on the interpersonal relationships that he establishes with his people and his authorities. His personal charisma on dealing with other’s individualism and personal characteristics has mainly affected his ability to lead others towards success.
· One of the weaknesses of the author is actually realizing that at times too much leniency on the personality display of the teammates brings disillusion on the part of the goals of the whole organization. This weakness mainly pertains to the lesser ability of the author to say “no”. Although he is able to demand on the performance level of the team members, when they demand of certain things, he has a weak perspective on actually saying “no” to what they want because he believes that they too are giving him a favor when they are completing an excellent performance.
· As a leader, the author points out the importance of cooperation. As for some point though, his “cooperation idea” has made it possible for him to gain the reputation of being a “control freak” as to how his colleagues label him. In an aim for perfection, he has mainly placed himself in a situation that compromises his team to doing things according to his will and not actually according to how they enjoy the work as they need to. As a result, his teammates tend to ask him some favors that are at times unreasonable just to be able to get out of the task as mentioned in the first weakness defined herein.
Obviously, when it comes to control and leniency, the irony rises in the character of the author. Although he makes it a point that the performance of his teammates are of an excellent regard, his lack of ability to say “no” to the requests of his team mates, although at times those requests are already unreasonable, makes his leadership skill a weakness for some of the goals of the organization.
However, this does not mean that these weaknesses makes him a liability on the organization. This only opens up doors for him to improve his skills in leadership and apply the lessons he learns from experiential accounts, thus making him a more effective leader for performing the tasks needed for his Organization.
· The working environment of the author gives him the opportunity to create possibilities by which he would be able to increase his ability to lead his teammates. The said environment consists of a culturally diverse team that helps him learn that the differences of people opens doors to a more interacting group that would help in the continuance of the goal-achievement of the whole organization that they are working for.
· It is also the environment of the work that allows the author experience the reality and the essence of being a leader. The responsibilities that are placed upon the author’s shoulder have made him a completely mature person who stands for the whole groups.
As it could be noted from the written claims above, the author simply needs to improve his abilities through learning from the major experiences that he receives from actual practice of leadership. The major factor that contributes to this personal opportunity of the author is the environment of his work. Using the said advantage on environmental situation of his work, he is able to see the opportunity for development on the part of his leadership skills.
· The cultural diversity within the organization of the author could both be an opportunity and a threat on the part of the author’s leading skills. Through the differences of the people, it could be noted that the situation is crucial, especially when it comes to distractions on individualism.
Threats could actually turn into opportunities. In this regard, since the main threat is the cultural diversity, the author simply needs to balance the views on the differences and the commendable strengths of his teammates to be able to stand for the whole group and the organization as well.
In this essay, it could be noted that the author gives a specific point on the performance level that he and his teammates put forward for the sake of the organization’s success. It is through this ability that he sets a fine reputation for himself as a leader. Through the application of integrity and perfection on outcome of efforts, the author helps his team mates motivated to focus on their duties as part of the team and the whole organization as well.
On the other hand, the author too has his own weaknesses. These weaknesses though are convertible to becoming great opportunities of improvement for his better performance as a leader. Through the usage of the key experiences that the author have faced at work, it could be noted that the weaknesses that keeps the author from further developing his skills as a leader could still be further eliminated.
Being an achievement oriented person and a neutral leader, the author then aims to continuously enrich his ability to lead others through improvement.
PART 2: Tabular Presentation on Personal Action Plan
Leadership Area/ Skill and Goals
Anticipated Outcomes and Constraints
Dealing with the grievances of the employees (teammates)
Grievances are important factors that should be regulated for the sake of the organization’s safety.
Creating programs that would support situations that involve the employees that have grievances towards the organization’s regulations. This action shall be taken to help the other teammates reach their self-satisfaction through the job that they are doing.
Through this major program, the grievances of the employees or teammates shall be regulated thus giving the them a chance to feel satisfaction from the efforts that they are putting forward for the organization.
On the part of the author himself, this opportunity gives him a chance to share his abilities in giving high concern for the welfare of his teammates.
Dealing with motivation practices to help the others achieve the best
Motivation is a vital part of assisting the employees bring out their best for the sake of the organization’s success. As a leader, the creation of programs, training schedules aimed to give the employees the skills they need to become better performers must be applied.
It is through the application of these programs that the author will realize the importance of working together as a team. The programs shall not only help the team realize their need of being motivated fro better performance, but it would also make the leader a more reliable person for implementing such performance-based programs.
Creating a fine working environment for everyone in the team
A fine working environment includes not only the surroundings of the work area but it also identifies the people working within the area. It is through the ability of the leader to create a more workable environment shall the employees or the team members perform well with regards their given tasks.
This would allow the employees to perform at their best in the middle of a considerable environment. The leader on the other hand is then given an opportunity to consider what other might think that they need from their environment to be further motivated to achieve further in their jobs.
Balancing leniency from performance perfectionism
Allowing the employees have their own choice on how to complete their responsibilities make them feel that they are at least free to apply what they know within the system. To be able to do this, the leader is expected to do the best way he could to let the employees have their own share of leniency and yet be motivated to apply perfectionism at their job.
Leniency at times is not bad, this shall help the employees realize that their concerns are given high regard by the organization. The leader would also find a way by which he could increase his concern for other’s welfare and still be balanced in terms of the perfection of the outcomes of the performances of the people of the team.
Considering reasonable requests from teammates and denying those that are not.
Like leniency, giving in to the requests of the employees should be limited. The setting of grounds for provided favors and others that are not supposed to be given to the employees should then be established.
The ground for consideration shall set an outline of which favor should be reasonably given consideration and which are those that should not be given consideration.
Cite this Applied Leadership Analysis and Personal Action Plan
Applied Leadership Analysis and Personal Action Plan. (2016, Jul 07). Retrieved from https://graduateway.com/applied-leadership-analysis-and-personal-action-plan/