We use cookies to give you the best experience possible. By continuing we’ll assume you’re on board with our cookie policy

See Pricing

What's Your Topic?

Hire a Professional Writer Now

The input space is limited by 250 symbols

What's Your Deadline?

Choose 3 Hours or More.
Back
2/4 steps

How Many Pages?

Back
3/4 steps

Sign Up and See Pricing

"You must agree to out terms of services and privacy policy"
Back
Get Offer

Business Ethics – Gun Manufactures and Responsibili Essay

Hire a Professional Writer Now

The input space is limited by 250 symbols

Deadline:2 days left
"You must agree to out terms of services and privacy policy"
Write my paper

1. Are Bull’s Eye and Bushmaster morally responsible for the Washington, D. C. victims’ death? Why or why not? Qouting from Manuel Velasquez’s statement, “a person or an agent or a party is morally responsible for an injury if 1) they caused it, 2) they knew what they were doing, and 3) they could have prevented it. ” Therefore, besides the two assassinator , I believe both Bull’s Eye and Bushmaster are morally responsible for the Washington, D. C victims’ death.

However, the company and store are failed to prevent the homicide since they sell the product to the persons that already been prohibited by general laws for buying guns.

Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Business Ethics – Gun Manufactures and Responsibili
Just from $13,9/Page
Get custom paper

2. Are gun Manufactures or gun dealers ever morally responsible for deaths caused for deaths caused by the use of their guns? Explain. First of all, generally guns do not kill people, people kill people with guns. If they had no guns they would use other weapons, or even their bare hands. Moreover, gun manufacturers or dealer not morally responsible if it was legal sale However, different situation happen in this case.

This is an obviously ilegal sell since the federal laws prohibited Muhammad and Malvo for buying guns. Thus, I believe the concept of morality also applies to corporations as well. Companies been held morally responsible for injuries which they inflict on somebody else, injuries in which their product was defective, and also injuries in which one of their customers used one of their products to inflict an injury on a third party. They should ensure the distiburment of their product to proper party which will not misuse it.

Unfortunately, in this case, Bushmaster Firearms, Inc failed to held that responsibility. They continue to sell their product to Bull’s Eye Shooter Supply eventhough the store has various suspective transaction. It is company responsibilty to control, monitor, and supervise their dealer especially for weapon company that have high possiblity in harming other people. 3. Are manufacturers ever morally responsible for deaths caused by the use of their product? Why or why not?

Yes, like I have already mention before, it also the liability of companies if it was ilegal sell. There are several cases proving my statement, one of them is the Barry Grunow’s death in 2002. Jury ordered Valor Corporation of Sunrise, Fla, a gun distributor to pay $1. 2 million to the widow of a teacher killed by a 13-year-old student, largely sparing the company from blame in a landmark case about inexpensive handguns. The companies take 5 percent of the responsiblities while the remaining 95 percent owned by the gun owner and school board.

Cite this Business Ethics – Gun Manufactures and Responsibili Essay

Business Ethics – Gun Manufactures and Responsibili Essay. (2017, Mar 18). Retrieved from https://graduateway.com/business-ethics-gun-manufactures-and-responsibili/

Show less
  • Use multiple resourses when assembling your essay
  • Get help form professional writers when not sure you can do it yourself
  • Use Plagiarism Checker to double check your essay
  • Do not copy and paste free to download essays
Get plagiarism free essay

Search for essay samples now

Haven't found the Essay You Want?

Get my paper now

For Only $13.90/page