Get help now

Community Essay Examples Page 14

We found 141 free papers on Community

Essay Examples

Education and Community College

College

Community

Words: 269 (2 pages)

Jodie Hamilton English 101 Dr Jenny Williams Online “Are community college students at a disadvantage for a quality education? ” The Myth of Inferiority by T. Allen Culpepper published in The Chronicle of Higher Education, October 27, 2006 explores the stereo-type that community college are viewed inferior to University students. Are community college students at…

School Demographics and Community

Community

Discourse Community

Words: 1884 (8 pages)

Abstract This foundational document shares State and comprehensive local data evaluating strengths of learning and identifying challenges which need to be addressed at Bradley West School in Bradley, IL. The data is comprised of multiple measures. Descriptive evidence about the school community is accumulated. The data involves all stakeholders contributing authentic responses to needs assessments….

Living in a flat vs living in the house. Which is better? Compare and Contrast

Apartment

Community

Words: 240 (1 page)

Individuals living in major cities can choose their preferred types of accommodation based on their circumstances and preferences. Some may prefer houses, while others may favor apartments. Living in an apartment is a popular choice for accommodation due to its many advantages. Firstly, apartments simplify life by eliminating the need to clean staircases and yards…

Making a Difference: Why I Love My Job as a Social Worker

Community

My Dream Job

Social work

Words: 553 (3 pages)

As a social worker, I have the privilege of working with individuals, families, and communities to promote positive change and improve overall well-being. It’s a job that is both challenging and rewarding, and it’s one that I am passionate about. In this essay, I will share why I love my job as a social worker…

Why you should go to a community college

College

Community

Words: 731 (3 pages)

Enrollment into community colleges has increased dramatically through the years. Numerous students are choosing to attend community college for the first two years rather than a four-year university. As tuition inflates each year, student enrollment is starting to decrease. “According to the College Board, in 2011-2012, tuition and fees cost an average of $28,500 at…

The Impact of David Walker’s Appeal in The Slave Community

Appeal

Community

Words: 2017 (9 pages)

David walker was a black author who was born on 28th of September 1785 and died on 28th June 1830.  His mother was a free woman born in Wilmington while his father was a slave who never lived to see the birth of his child.  Walker is famous for the pamphlet he published in 1829…

The Pros and Cons of Joining in a Discourse Community

Community

Discourse Community

Family

Words: 537 (3 pages)

Two people, one language, one communication path. This is what we would define as a discourse community. While Dr. Tripp easily defined this for us, Ann Johns spent a good time dwelling on this fact of what a discourse community is. In her essay, “Discourse Communities and Communities of Practice: Membership, Conflict, and Diversity” Johns…

An Overview of the Discourse Community of the SPCA

Community

Discourse Community

Family

Society

Words: 782 (4 pages)

A discourse community is where, a group of people who share an interest come together as a whole. According to John Swales a discourse community is also goal orientated or purposed based. It can be job related, school, or even an extracurricular activities. One example of a discourse community is The SPCA (Society for the…

Atticus Finch’s relationship with the people of Maycomb and his role in the community

Atticus Finch

Community

People

Words: 562 (3 pages)

The Undeniably Honorable Man What happens when an incredibly generous and fair man within a community takes on a court case defending the side that is extremely unpopular due to the current racial situation? You get Harper Lee’s monumental classic known as “To Kill A Mockingbird”. Atticus Finch’s role in the community is very easily…

A Discourse Community on McDonald Hall and Its Positive Impacts on My Life

Community

Discourse Community

Family

Words: 501 (3 pages)

For some people this discourse community that I picked may not have the same impacts and comments that I have. The discourse community that I picked was McDonald Hall because I feel like it has had an impact on my life so much in negative and positive ways. Some of the positive ways that it…

Show More
1 13 14 15 17

Hi, my name is Amy 👋

In case you can't find a relevant example, our professional writers are ready to help you write a unique paper. Just talk to our smart assistant Amy and she'll connect you with the best match.

Get help with your paper
We use cookies to give you the best experience possible. By continuing we’ll assume you’re on board with our cookie policy