We use cookies to give you the best experience possible. By continuing we’ll assume you’re on board with our cookie policy

Community Essays

Community empowerment

Community empowerment Community empowerment is an all-exclusive term that refers to the accessibility of a group of people to educational, health and other services offered by local, state and federal government for the good of the community. It is usually directed at making the community an influential force in national growth and development. It encompasses …

Community Problem-Solving

Community Problem-Solving             The community plays a very important role in enforcement of laws as members living in the community are affected. Participation of community members with law enforcement agencies such as police is an important step that leads to reduced levels of crimes. One of the most critical aspect of the community in solving …

We will write a custom essay sample on

Community

Specifically for you for only $16.38 $13.9/page
ORDER NOW
Community of Laredo Texas

Laredo, Texas is a southern Texan city on the Rio Grande.  It is located south-southwest of the city of San Antonio.  Laredo was established in the year 1755 by Spanish settlers.  Since then it has had seven flags flown over it (“Laredo”).  This is perhaps an important reason why Laredo continues to attract diverse groups …

Community psychology

The guiding principle of community psychology from the very start has always concerned the setting or population as the basis for change rather than the individual (Revenson, et al, 2001).   Thus, how a community responds to a threat or a difficulty is viewed from the assumption that it should be seen as a problem of …

Community Service Involvement

Community Service Involvement             I went through the most rewarding experiences in my life when I became more involved in various community services. One of the first experiences I had was when I volunteered at the Boys and Girls club, where I met many people of the younger generation during homework time. During those times, …

Comparison of Public Health and Community Health

The introduction of Public Health agencies and associations facilitated major improvements to the health of the American people through the years. The health care needs of the nation dictated changes to these agencies and associations as the nation grew and new diseases, viruses, and bacteria emerged. Public health professionals focus on national, state, and county …

Defining, Uniting and Empowering the Chicano Community

Abstract Who is a Chicano? What does the term Chicano mean? Where does the term originate? Why have Mexican-Americans in the past objected to being known as Chicanos? Why do so many Mexican-Americans today take pride in being Chicanos? There questions are frequently asked when the subject of the Chicano Movement comes up. This essay …

Smoke-Free in Portland Community College

Portland Community College decided to become smoke-free in the fall of 2009. They were just one of the many colleges in Oregon, and by extension, in the United States, to become smoke free campuses. Most people know that smoking is bad, but how bad is secondhand smoke? Many people that go to campuses dislike breathing …

Patriotism in the Community

How Can I Show My Patriotism In My Community? When I hear the word patriotism I automatically have an image in my head of soldiers saluting a flag or a group standing to say the pledge of allegience. To be honest I usually do not think of ALL the ways we can show our patriotism. …

Conduct an Informal Survey within the Local Community of Boynton Beach

Introduction This is a brief study of the conducted informal survey within the local community of Boynton Beach, Florida to determine the availability of the following services for older adults (aged 65 and older): transportation, nutrition, home health services, personal assistance, homemaker assistance, and mental health counseling. The study will shows income-eligibility requirements, the …

Conference Community Sentencing for Juveniles

Conference Community Sentencing for Juveniles The Conference Community sentencing for juveniles is a strategy which helps in the rehabilitation process for these criminals. This technique helps the juvenile see the other side of the picture and make amends accordingly. The problem that my intervention addresses is that whether these conference communities’ sentencing is actually working …

Consumption Subcultures: The Community and Market Creation of the Mac Users

Consumption Subcultures: The Community and Market Creation of the Mac Users Introduction             When it comes to computing products, there are the two dominating consumer groups: the PC users and the Mac users.  The popularity of the Macintosh/Apple products have not reached the growth and the reach of PC users; the market share of Apple …

Importance of community service

“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” This is a famous quote by Winston Churchill talking about the importance of helping others. Community service has been a forever, long service done by generous people in communities in the effort to improve their neighborhood. Those who …

Community Health Nursing Final Exam Study Guide

They typically have to stay in the hospital for a longer amount of time because they have a lot more co-morbidities that need to be treated. Being brought to the ED is extremely expensive. Critical interventions are very costly, and so are all the diagnostic tests that must be done. They usually don’t have insurance. …

Citizenship is “membership in a political community

Citizenship is “membership in a political community”[1] usually a country and right to political participation is attached. A citizen is a person who has such membership. There is a difference between  nationality and citizenship: citizens have right to participate in political matters of country they are citizen of, such as voting while nationals do …

The black community and the black code of 1865

The black community and the black code of 1865             Contrary to what was expected after the Civil War, the black community during the late 19th century continued to feel the remnants of slavery although no longer in its blatant form. In other words, the kind of freedom given to the black community was not …

Building a Brand Community on the Harley Posse Ride

CASE: Building a Brand Community on the Harley Posse Ride Study Questions 1. Should Harley-Davidson continue to sponsor the Posse Ride? Yes. Why or why not? $100,000.00 budget (Posse Ride II), is a good price for value comparing to other alternatives to advertise and build communities; The “Posse Ride” is probably the most important MKT …

Contributing to the UCF Community

What qualities or unique characteristics do you possess that would allow you to contribute to the UCF community? If there has been some obstacle or “bump in the road,” in your academic or personal life, please explain the circumstances. Embodying the qualities of a woo, developer, and competitor, I believe that I could further strengthen …

On the Concept of National Community

The piece On the Concept of National Community by Cesar Adib Majul simply discusses about Dr. Jose Rizal’s analysis in his community during his time and his analysis about it too. The piece mainly discusses about the basic defects that can be observed, that is traceable to the Filipinos. First, the defects of their educational …

Asset Based Community Development and Strategic Planning

Community Asset Mapping (CAM) is a capacity focused way of redeveloping devastated communities. This positive approach is proposed as a substitute for the traditional deficits focus on a community’s needs and problems (Kretzmann and McKnight 1999). Using problems to formulate human service interventions targets resources to service providers rather than residents, fragments efforts to provide …

A community problem

Property theft has been one of the greatest problems faced by every community aside from drugs and homicide. In the community where I live, property theft has always been an issue. Day after day, more houses were being robbed in broad daylight. If there is a case of property theft; properties are broken and stolen, …

Communicable Diseases Affecting Public and Community Health

What are some communicable diseases or threats currently affecting public and community health in your area? The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and state and local health departments were investigating an outbreak of acute hepatitis A virus (HAV) infections that may be associated with the …

HAT Task 1 Community Health Assessment Of Collin County

A healthy community provides for the health of both the individual and community throughout all stages of life. The information covered within regards the community of Collin County, Texas involving a plethora of sources that include the U.S. Census Bureau, U.S. County Health Rankings, interviews and correspondence with key county individuals, personal report per the …

Why you should go to a community college

Enrollment into community colleges has increased dramatically through the years. Numerous students are choosing to attend community college for the first two years rather than a four-year university. As tuition inflates each year, student enrollment is starting to decrease. “According to the College Board, in 2011-2012, tuition and fees cost an average of $28,500 at …

Haven’t Found A Paper?

Let us create the best one for you! What is your topic?

By clicking "SEND", you agree to our terms of service and privacy policy. We'll occasionally send you account related and promo emails.