* Jollibee is the largest fast food chain in the Philippines, operating a nationwide network of over 750 stores. A dominant market leader in the Philippines, The company has also embarked on an aggressive international expansion plan in the USA, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Brunei.
* Jollibee was founded by Tony Tan and his family with its humble beginnings as an Ice Cream Parlor which later grew into an emerging global brand. At the heart of its success is a family-oriented approach to personnel management, making Jollibee one of the most admired employers in the region with an Employer of the Year Award from the Personnel Management Association of the Philippines, Best Employer in the Philippines Award from Hewitt Associated and a Top 20 Employer in Asia citation from the Asian Wall Street Journal.
* Jollibee’s growth is due to its delicious menu line-up – like its superior-tasting Chickenjoy, mouth-watering Yumburger and Champ hamburger, and deliciously satisfying Jollibee Spaghetti -ably complemented with creative marketing programs, and efficient manufacturing and logistics facilities. It is made possible by well-trained teams that work in a culture of integrity and humility, fun and family-like. Every Jollibee outlet welcomes customers with a clean and warm in-store environment and friendly and efficient service. * And it is this tried and tested formula of delivering great-tasting food, adherence to world class operating standards and the universal appeal of the family values the brand represents that are driving the expansion of Jollibee both locally and in the overseas market.
* Customer departmentalization works by dividing the organization around the different types of customers. In a fast food environment, this could take the form of individual customers versus serving for corporate clients and catering for group events. One group of staff may handle the day-to-day operations of the restaurant, while a separate group manages the catering arm of the company, whether on the premises or outside.
* A restaurant is likely to use a combination of different groupings. Location is likely to be used in a fast food chain, where more than one branch of the same chain exists in a region, city or county. For example, the 25 percent of McDonald’s restaurants that are not franchises are managed by a hierarchy of staff, including area supervisors. Each area supervisor is responsible for the performance of a group of stores in a specific geographical area.
B. Physical Condition
* Colour Conditioning
* Air Conditioning
* Production of Noise
C. Safety Conditions
* To encourage prevention of food illness
* To protect customers and workers
* To reduce common errors in handling hazardous foods
* To have proper waste disposal in the area
* free from any decease that may harm the customers
* Fire exits
* Fire extinguisher
* Automatic fire alarm systems
* No smoking policy
* Proper ventilation