Contribution of American to the Philippines
1. Independence – America helped the Philippines to extinguish the Spaniards in the state therefore assisting the Filipinos to stop the agony from the Spanish reign. This was the first measure of the state to stand on their ain and get down a new beginning. 2. Government -we adapted and patterned some of our fundamental law with the Americans’ . 3 Sports – Filipino favorite athletics had been hoops. and other foreign athleticss alternatively of the national athleticss which is sipa.
4. Western manner of vesture – this was besides adapted as it is apparent with the extremist alteration from the conservative Maria Clara to the make bolding tendencies of manner of the modern epoch
5. Communication – The Americans brought English. the lingua franca of the modern universe 6. Principles – progressive broad political orientations such as equalitarianism. democracy and equality 7. Education – they endowed an educational system patterned after that of the U. S. They sent pedagogues in the Philippines which are known as Thomasites. However. American manner of re-education was amero-centric in nature. doing Filipino society to self stigmatise itself in favour of American-centered merchandises and political orientations.
Effectss of American Colonization in the Philippines.
Effectss of American Colonization in the Philippines. The effects of American imperialism on the Philippines are legion. Some. nevertheless. stand out. most notably the installing of an American-style democracy and the prevalentattitude that anything American is “good” . Many of those in lowland Philippines. and most of the Christian population. for that affair. grew up in an increasing Americanizedsociety. The undermentioned American influence in the Philippines says it all:
1. Government -Partisan political relations was one of the influences of the Americans on our authorities. Partisan political relations means a political relations that is devoted to or biased in support of a certain party. group or cause. Another consequence of Americans in the authorities is the execution of municipal elections. But after the creative activity of bicameral legislative assembly. the election in the Philippines turned to be like the election of the Americans. Voters began to pass a batch merely to win the election. and they began to believe of their ain personal public assistance alternatively of the public assistance of the Filipino people.
Therefore many of the American’s political patterns were shortly found in the Philippine archipelago. But this doesn’t mean that Americans contributed negative effects on our authorities but alternatively we learned the intricate machinery of the authorities. we learned how to do and regulate Torahs. 2. Religion -During the Spanish colonisation. the Filipino people were forced to change over their faith into Christianity ( Roman Catholic ) . But after the colonisation of the Spanish. Americans came and changed the faith into Protestantism which was the spiritual beliefs of the Americans. But subsequently on. the Americans adopted the Roman Catholic Christianity after its invasion in the Philippines on July 4. 1946. Another is the constitution of the Iglesiani Cristo Church by Felix Manalo.
And Jehovah’s Witnesses started to prophesy from one house to another. 3. Economic and Livelihood -The economic development of the Philippines under the Americans can be attributed to free trade dealingss that the Americans imposed upon the state. Filipino merchandises were besides allowed to come in American markets free of responsibility within quota bounds. 4. Humanistic disciplines. Culture and Tradition -Filipino people began to follow the American manner statement utilizing chapeaus. long sleeved apparels and long sleeved polo inside it with fiting cervix ties for work forces. Another is the art of Oil Paintings which is the procedure of painting with pigments that are bound with a medium of drying oil. Red Blood Paint was besides introduced which is a dark pigment. besides known as alizarin red school.
5. Transportation -A batch of transit was introduced by the Americans to the Philippines. some are undersea. caretellas. railroads. ancient bull carts. autos. etc. 6. Social Structure -Americans introduced the three class-models which includes the rich ( broad array of elect groups ) . in-between category ( equivocally defined societal categories ) and the hapless ( group that suffers from poorness ) . 7. System of Education -Schools were built for the Filipino citizen that Teachs about the good formation including the rights and duties of each individual.
American Colonial Policy
– They promised to develop the Filipinos in Democracy and Self-Government. They want the Philippines to stand on its ain as a free and independent state. – They shared power with the Filipinos in the authorities. Human Rights were protected. They developed the economic system. improved hygiene and sanitation. and introduced the public school system.
Contribution of Americans to the Philippines
1. Ecomonic Advancement:– Population Explosion– New Land Policy– Agriculture Increase– Free Trade America– Business Flourished– New Industries– Improvements of Transportation and Communication– Better Budget– New Banks– International Exhibitions and Meetings
Economic Problems ( NEGATIVE )– We sold our natural stuffs inexpensive and bought expensive manufactured goods from America.– Colonial Mentality– Labor and peasant unrest spread in 1920s and 1930s– American Capitalists and business communities controlled the new companies.– Filipino values like “pagmamano” was replaced by stating HI or HELLO.– Filipino nutrient like “bibingka and suman” were replaced by American nutrient like hot dog and Gallic french friess.
Other American Contributions
– Religious Freedom– Training in Democracy– Free Education– Better Health Service– Introduction of the English Language– Free Press– Democratic Family Life and Social Classes– Emancipation of Women– Recreation. Movies. Theater. Humanistic disciplines and Science______________________________________________________________________________Contribution of Spanish to the Philippines
– Education- Science – Entertainment– Agriculture- Manner of Dressing- Architecture– Spanish Names ( Trece Martires. La Trinidad. Aurora. La Union. Nueva Ecija )– Humanistic disciplines. Music and Literature ( folk dance )– Language ( nanay/nantl. tatay/tatle. abokado/avocado ) – Religion ( Roman Catholic )– Food ( afritada. Estopado. Escabeche. pastel de lengua ) –
Spaniards introduced different signifiers of amusement like:– Cockfighting- Flores de Mayo– Moro- moro- Santacruzan– Zarzuela- Duplo– Balagtasan- Different signifier of card gamesReasons for Colonization: The 3 Gs ( Spanish )GOD – the transition of indigens to ChristianityGOLD- accretion of gold or wealthGLORY- domination of Spain over potugal as a world power
Social and Cultural Influences of the Spanish– The indigens refused to project off their autochthonal cultural heritage and accommodated European art. literature. rites and patterns merely after some alteration. – Use of Gregorian calendar
– Alphabet- dressing- burial pratices- nuptials patterns– Changes in names- acceptance of fiesta-cuisine– western architecture ( cottas or fortress. churches ”modified Romanseque style” . antillen house– Language ( chavacano. Cebuan )– Literature– Painting ( Juan Luna and Felix Resurreccion Hidalgo )– Sculpture ( retablos. relleves “carved images in relief” )– Graphic humanistic disciplines ( estampas. La Illustraccion Filipina )
Negative characteristics of the Spanish Colonial Government in the Philippines
The autochthonal population was relocated into colonies while conquistadors. mendicants and native Lords were granted estates in exchange for their services to the King. They were given the privilege to roll up testimonial from its dwellers. In return. the encomienda were to supply military protection to the dwellers ; nevertheless. the system was abused and was mostly replaced by administrative states by 1700.
The encomienda system of authorities used by Spain was disliked by the dwellers. which resulted in rebellions. A system of forced labour was besides a consequence of the encomienda system of authorities. Encomienda – was a legal system that was employed chiefly by the Spanish Crown during thecolonization of the Americas to modulate Native American labour.
Cite this American Contibution to the Philippines
American Contibution to the Philippines. (2017, Jul 18). Retrieved from https://graduateway.com/american-contibution-to-the-philippines-essay-essay/