Your final assignment for Romeo and Juliet will be to write two essays that are one to one-and-one-half pages in length. You will get to choose two from the prompts below.
Each prompt will require you to use the play as a resource. It will also be necessary to use quotations and examples from the play. Each essay should begin with a strong thesis statement. Make sure your essay is well-supported and well-written. Proofread your work!
Your essays must be typed, double-spaced, and in 12 Times New Roman font.
Please use the computers in the library if you do not have access to one at home. If your printer is not working, please e-mail the document to yourself, and we can print it out on my computer. If you do not have e-mail access, please bring it to me on disk. Do this assignment early so you can troubleshoot if problems arise. Hand-written work will not be accepted for this assignment.
Choose two from the prompts below:
1) There are many instances of foreshadowing in the play.
Identify these and explain why their inclusion in the play makes it more effective.
2) Decide who is really to blame for the deaths that occur in the play (Mercutio, Tybalt, Paris, Romeo, Juliet, Lady Montague). Be sure to support your opinions by explaining why.
3) There are several points in the play where things could have turned out differently if certain coincidental events had not occurred. Cite several examples of these coincidental events and explain how the story would have changes if they had not happened.
4) Compare and contrast one of the following pairs of characters: Nurse and Lady Capulet; Benvolio and Mercutio; Paris and Tybalt.
5) What are some of the main themes and lessons in this play? Discuss each deeply.
EXTRA CREDIT OPPORTUNITY
Watch the musical West Side Story and compare and contrast it to Romeo and Juliet. Write a one-page, double-spaced essay that explains their similarities and differences. This assignment is due on the same date as the above assignment. (Up to 20 points)
Cite this Final Assignment for Romeo and Juliet
Final Assignment for Romeo and Juliet. (2016, Nov 14). Retrieved from https://graduateway.com/final-assignment-for-romeo-and-juliet/