* The current location of the soon known Quezon Memorial Circle was originally planned to hold been an country in Quezon City. where the National Capitol was supposed to be built. * In 1940 when the basis for the construction was laid. the foundation was the lone portion of the construction positioned because the building was disrupted by the start of the Second World War in the Philippines. * Right after World War II. an executive order about the understanding of the creative activity of a Quezon Memorial Committee was made and announced by President Sergio Osmena.
His intent was to raise financess through the usage of public subscription in order to promote a memorial for his predecessor. President Manuel Luis Quezon. From all the designs submitted. the one created by Federico Ilustre was chosen ( “Quezon Memorial. ” n. d. ) .
Description* The memorial would dwell of three perpendicular pylons ( stand foring the three chief geographic divisions of the state: Luzon. the Visayas. and Mindanao * 66 metres ( 217 foot ) tall ( Quezon’s age when he died )
* surmounted by three mourning angels keeping sampaguita ( the national flower ) garlands sculpted by the Italian sculpturer Monti * The three pylons would in bend circumscribe a drum-shaped two-story construction incorporating a gallery from which visitants could look down at Quezon’s catafalque.
modeled after Napoleon Bonaparte’s in the Invalides. The gallery and the catafalque below are lit by an eye. in turn reminiscent of Grant’s Tomb.
Elementss ON SITE PlanningLocation:* The Quezon Memorial Circle is a national park and shrine located in Quezon City. former capital of the Philippines ( 1948–1976 ) * The park is an oval bounded by the Elliptical Road. Its chief characteristic is a mausoleum incorporating the remains of Manuel L. Quezon. the 2nd President of the Philippines. and his married woman. First Lady Aurora Quezon.
EXISTING STRUCTURES and FACILITIES:* cardinal place and the promenades are where the old constructions used to be the old rusting fountain with dancing Waterss and light sets that turned into a centre of attractive force * the Circle of Joy ( amusement park )
* eating houses* athleticss installations* Quezon Memorial* The Quezon City authorities besides built two belowground prosaic passageways from PHILCOA and Quezon City Hall. for greater public handiness. * two smaller museums were built: one incorporating the presidential memorabilia of Quezon. and the other incorporating points on the history of Quezon City. were installed within the memorial itself.
HUMAN and CULTURE:* Quezon Memorial Circle ( QMC ) is visited by an mean 8. 000 people daily and 12. 000 on weekends. * In fact. it is a most favorite park to see during these particular occasions as it offers a batch of things for each member of the household.
Climate:* Distinct prohibitionist season from December to April and wet season from May to November. Normal one-year rainfall sum is 2. 431. 9mm. with the maximal average monthly sum rains being experienced in August with 517. 11 millimeter and the lower limit in February with 7. 4 millimeter.
Circulation:* The entrywaies. from Commonwealth and Quezon Avenues. are now more unfastened and welcoming of the populace with no more disorganised bunchs of trees and stopgap barriers. * a freshly created two subwaies in the East and South make visitants easy make inside the park.
NATURAL PHYSICAL FEATURES:SLOPE AND TOPOGRAPHY:* mostly turn overing with jumping ridges and Lowlandss. * Steep parts are apparent in the eastern portion of the metropolis which run analogues tothe Marikina River and the Valley Fault Zone. * The City’s incline is by and large manageable runing from less than 8 % to 15 % . SOIL Condition:
* A study of the Bureau of Soils showed that the prevailing dirt type in Quezon City is normally called adobe and chiefly characterized as difficult and compact.
NEIGHBORHOOD CONTEXT:* Quezon City Hall* Lung Center* Lungsod nanogram Kabataan* Department of Agriculture* Bureau of Agricultural Extension* Philippine Tobacco Authority* Department of Agrarian Reform* Philippine Coconut Authority* GSIS* National Housing Authority
Interview12 December 2012 ( Around 2:30-3:0 autopsy )
Interview with Sir Mel ( visitant )Vik: Good Afternoon sir. Pwede Po Ba knockout mainterview?Sir Mel: Certain sure.Vik: Okay. Um. Bakit Po knockout nagawi dito?Sir Mel: Ano lang naman. Family adhering Kami.Vik: So. madalas dalas narin Po knockout dito?Sir Mel: Hindi naman. kapag may oras lang kaming pamilya.Vik: Okay O.K. . Ano naman Po yung mga installations dito na nagustuhan niyo Po? Sir Mel: Gusto namin yung go kart. nageenjoy yung mga Bata tapos kapag gabi naman. papanuorin calling yung fountain. Pati rin pala yung Amusement Park Vik: Ahhh. eh ano naman Po ‘yung mga Hindi niyo relish dito SA QMC? Sir Mel: Okay naman siya e. makalat lang kung minsan. Di kasi nagtatapon SA tamang lugar mga Taoist. HAHAHA. Pero all right naman siya. Vik: Last inquiry Po. Fatah Revolutionary Council posa tingin niyo yung marerecommend niyo Po dito SA QMC. Sir Mel: Bukod siguro maraming basurahan? Tsaka medyo maraming bakanteng lote. sana madevelop dad nila yun. Vik: Okay Po. Ayos na po yun. Thank you po!
12 December 2012 ( Around 4:00-5:00pm )
Interview with Manong Sonny ( care )Dyeb: Magandang umaga. Pwede Po mainterview Po knockout?Manong: O sige.Dyeb: Andami pong tao ngayon no? Tuwing kailan Po Ba dito as in yung sobrang daming Taoist? Manong: Ay. syempre kapag bakasyon. Araw araw di mabilang ang tao dito. Pero kung ngayon tuwing Linggo madalas marami. Dyeb: Ano ano naman Po ‘yung mga klase ng Taoist na pumupunta dito? Manong: Ano. pamipamilya. Yung iba. nagdadate. Yung iba. nagkokodakan. Marami pealing tambay lang tsaka yung mga nagjojogging. Dyeb: Ahhh. Fatah Revolutionary Council naman Po ‘yung ayaw niyo dito SA QMC?
Manong: Mahirap maglinis. Ang laki kasi nito e. Tapos patapos sodium yung araw. marami talagang basura Dyeb: Ay. oonga Po at last. ano naman Po yung pinakagusto niyo dito. Manong: Um. pwede kahit sino dito. Libre. stab Masa! Tsaka marami kang makikita dito at mga pwedeng gawin at kainan! Dyeb: Okay Po. Thank you!
* Private vehicles were all over the tracts were people could freely walk and play. These vehicles utilize the infinites that should be. in the first topographic point. be maximized by the people sing the country. Therefore. it leads to the current job on congestion of autos along those waies. for there are no sufficient parking infinites designated for visitants. * Litters and garbage were all over the topographic point. These abrade the beauty and intent of the country. which can therefore connote its deficiency of proper refuse disposal system every bit good as care. * Present pavements were merely excessively narrow for walkers to utilize decently.
* There were fountains that were non being maximized and are really au naturel to look at. Most likely. these fountains can merely go a genteelness land for disease-carrying insects if non attended to decently. * QMC lacks reminders or guidelines that address the intent of educating people on what they need to make. Vacant infinites which chiefly served as “playing fields” for football. archery. and other leisure athletics were seemed to be neglected and now had grown tall shrubs despite the fact that some participants may really still utilize the country for their patterns. * Furthermore. there are besides excessively many tiangge or bazars that cause pollution and do non truly populate up to the intent of the recreational country. In fact. these stables or constitutions were all mixed up. which can do confusion to those visitants who are non familiar with the country but would desire to purchase nutrient or purchase keepsakes.
CONCLUSIONS/RECOMMENDATIONS:PROPOSED Plan FOR BEAUTIFICATION1. A new maestro program for the zoning of the Quezon Memorial Circle will be implemented. There will be the memorial and museum country. vegetations and fauna country. picnic country. physical fittingness country. amusement country. grant country and parking country. * Picnic/ Family Area
– a green country will be developed. There will be a grass country with fly-by-night trees for household field daies. The trees will be provided with single marks having their scientific and common names and other related information in English and Filipino for educational intents. This country would be ideal for people to loosen up and pass quality clip together. * Monument and Museum
– Bing the focal point of the park. the Quezon Monument will be refurbished. secured and protected from vandals by agencies of a green buffer zone. It will be enhanced with blossoming and scented workss for forenoon grasp and with coloured visible radiations in dramatic chromaticities for the eventide consequence. * Flora and Fauna
– There will be an country for tamed animate beings that are easy to keep such as birds and butterflies amidst a garden of scented and multi colored flowering workss. Along the pes path the scientific and common names of the animate being and flower species in English and Filipino will be indicated for educational intents.
2. The Quezon Memorial Circle will be re-developed utilizing green engineering. It will be provided with solar panels for renewable energy. grey H2O system for H2O recycling. waste direction. energy efficient and energy salvaging lighting and lavatory fixtures. All stuffs to be used will be lasting. long enduring under heavy use and easy to keep.
3. Cleanliness. sanitation and hygiene will be extreme concern. Trash receptacles ( biodegradable and non-biodegradable ) will be spread throughout the park. Comfort suites will be abundant and regularly and decently maintained. There will besides be some Pay Comfort Rooms with lavatory comfortss. 4. Directional and enlightening signages both in Filipino and English linguistic communications will be abundant. clear and illuminated at dark. Filipino poetries will besides be seeable in strategic locations for grasp of the Filipino linguistic communication and literature.
5. Park departers will be given a sense of security by constabulary visibleness and roaming guards. Closed circuit telecasting cameras ( CCTV ) will be installed at strategic locations.
Cite this Quezon Memorial Circle Sample
Quezon Memorial Circle Sample. (2017, Sep 04). Retrieved from https://graduateway.com/quezon-memorial-circle-essay-sample-essay/