* ASUSTeK Computer Inc commonly known as Asus is a Taiwanese multinational computer hardware and electronics company headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan.
* ASUS, the world’s top 3 consumer notebook vendor and the maker of the world’s best -selling and most award winning motherboards, is a leading enterprise in the new digital era.
* Asus was ranked No.1 by the Wall Street Journal for best quality
products in Taiwan.
* Its products are desktops, laptops, mobile phones, monitors, motherboards, servers, tablet PCs and video cards.
* In 2011 23.2 million pieces of motherboard and 19.6 million notebooks alone were sold.
* Asus received 3,886 awards worldwide from different media and profession rating institute in 2011.
* Total sales revenue in 2011 was Taiwan Dollars 350.1 Billion Equivalent to 12 Billion United States Dollar.
* Asus appears in Business Week’s “InfoTech 100” and “Asia’s Top 10 IT Companies” rankings, and it ranked first in the IT Hardware category of the 2008 Taiwan Top 10 Global Brands survey with a total brand value of US$1.3 billion.
* ASUS also produces components for other manufacturers such as Apple Inc * (iPod, iPod Shuffle, MacBook), Alienware, Falcon Northwest, Palm Inc and Sony Computer ( Playstation 3 ) .
As of 2009 Asus had manufacturing facilities in Taiwan (Taipei, Luzhu, Nangan, Guishan), China (Suzhou), Mexico (Ciudad Juárez) and the Czech Republic (Ostrava). The Asus Hi-Tech Park, located in Suzhou, China, covers 540,000 square meters
* Asus operates around 50 service sites across 32 countries and has over 400 service partners worldwide.
* ASUS won 4168 awards in 2012
* ASUS was recognized for its Energy Efficient Product Design at the 2011 ENERGY STAR Award Ceremony thanks to the Super Hybrid Engine and Green LCD technologies.
Products * Asus product portfolio includes
Laptops Tablet computers Mobile phones Personal digital assistants (PDAs) | |
Servers Computer Monitor Motherboards Graphics cards | |
Sound cards Optical disc drives Computer cases Computer networking devices| Computer components Computer cooling systems|
ASUS is the number one manufacturer of motherboards in the world, commanding almost a 40% market share of the motherboard business. Today, one in every three computers houses has an ASUS motherboard. Over 24 million motherboards were sold in 2008.
* Some models of motherboard even have a market share of about 70% of world like motherboard used in the Intel X79.
* ASUS has been voted the world’s “Best Motherboard Brand” for six consecutive years by readers of Tom’s Hardware Guide (THG), a widely-read and respected hardware review website.
* It is believed that every three out four laptop sold has a Asus motherboard.
* Over 24 million motherboards were sold in 2008 alone. Asus are looking to sell about 25 million of motherboard in 2012.
* The Eee PC Netbook Was the first laptop of Asus and was launched in
October 2007 which has garnered numerous awards, including Forbes Asia’s Product of the Year. Stuff Magazine’s Gadget of the Year and Computer of the Year, NBC.com Best Travel Gadget, Computer Shopper’s Best Netbook of 2008, PC Pro’s Hardware of the Year, PC World’s Best Netbook, and DIME magazine’s 2008 Trend Award Winner.
* Later better and upgraded models of Eee Pc were launched like Eee Box, Top, Stick, Transformer, Transformer Prime.
* Then Asus came out with N-Series which are high performance notebooks having Intel Core i7 processors, Nvidia GT650M GPU and audio by Bang and Olufsen. It is a masterpiece of creativity, borne out of exquisite design and state-of-the-art technology.
* World 1st notebook with NVIDIA Optimus Technology, Great Performance, Great Battery Life.
* High-quality speakers , and powerful amplifier engineered into the ASUS N Series with Sonic Master Technology.
* N-Series won 2012 Red Dot Design Award winning luxurious hairline-textured metallic design.
* As Asus is manufacturer of various computer components and parts and is leader in some of them like motherboard. So Asus has the power to change the price of a product without much change in its demand .Customers typically rebel against price increases by switching to competing products, but if a company has pricing power, customers will continue using Asus products and services. Asus has the ability to charge customers higher price. “Pricing Power (Asus)” will have a long-term positive impact on this entity, which adds to its value. This statement will have a short-term positive impact on
this entity, which adds to its value. This qualitative factor will lead to a decrease in costs. This statement will lead to an increase in profits for this entity. “Pricing Power (Asus)” is a difficult qualitative factor to defend, so competing institutions will have an easy time overcoming it.
* Asus is expanding its market in the world. Though it has less presence in world as compared to its counterparts. Size advantage lowers Asus risks. The larger Asus gets, the more resources they have to pursue new markets and defend themselves against rival. “Size Advantages (Asus)” will have a long-term positive impact for this company, which adds to its value. This statement will have a short-term positive impact on this entity, which adds to its value. This qualitative factor will lead to a decrease in costs. This statement will lead to an increase in profits for this entity. “Size Advantages (Asus)” is a difficult qualitative factor to defend.
* Unique products help distinguish Asus from competitors. Asus can charge higher prices for their products, because consumers can’t get those products elsewhere.
* Lower costs lead to higher profits for Asus. A low cost leader can undercut rivals on price.
* Asus is not yet a brand name in the whole world. But it has made its name presence in major economies of the world. This gives Asus the ability to charge higher prices for their products because consumers place additional value in the brand
* ASUS is recognized internationally for its research and inspired use of bio-degradable materials in its products.
* ASUS produced the world’s first lead-free and Halogen –free motherboard as well as the first Halogen-free full-HD Monitor
* Asus also became the first notebook manufacturer to receive the EPD as well as EU Flower Eco certificates and the first among the Top 10 IT manufacturers to receive the Japan Eco Mark.
Designs products that are easy to reuse, recycle, and disassemble, improves product power efficiency, and enforces adherence to hazardous substance guidelines.
Oversees a green supply chain management (SRM) system and maintains an online database of green vendors.
Implements greener manufacturing processes which are lead- and halogen-free.
gREEN SERVICES & MARKETING
Galvanizes support for recycling programs and ensures that charitable organizations benefit from these initiatives.
* Weak customer service hurts Asus reputation and causes customers to flee to competitors, who are more respondent.
* The online market is essential for displaying information and selling products. A weak online presence can result in lost opportunities for Asus
* A weak cost structure means Asus costs are high in comparison to their competitors